03-12-2018, 11:54 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I received a few messages about these, the remaining 3 are gone and I'm adding 6 more that I found in my garage.

Now $22, plus $7 for the shipping cost.

Thank you gents![Image: 386c41e4d5dcbb27b2f1fcc38de24c16.jpg]

57 2,238
 03-13-2018, 05:19 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
4 now available.

Thank you!

57 2,238
 03-13-2018, 06:09 AM
User Info
Please Nikos, would you look once more in your garage, it is possible that you will found other nice razors for us  Wink

5 128
 03-13-2018, 10:15 AM
User Info
(03-11-2018, 08:24 AM)BrickHud Wrote: I have every Schick injector type from A to O, and I think this is an historically interesting razor.

In Robert Waits' safety razor compendium, there is no mention of this razor anywhere.  That's interesting, because Waits purports to catalog all the Type L variants.

This one kind of looks like the Type L "Easy Rider" but the handle is longer, and the Easy Rider didn't have the lever head.  And obviously the head is stamped "Lady Eversharp" instead of "Easy Rider".

I think this was a Schick/Eversharp attempt to find a niche (long handle, lever head, female-centric packaging).  There was a little desperation in Schick approach at this time, with gimmicky tie-ins to Tennis (Schick Grip), Auto Racing (Stick Schick) and the Olympics (Schick Championship).  They seemed to be trying everything.

My suspicion is that these were limited run Type L razors that Robert Waits missed, perhaps because this razor was never released in the U.S.  I think it's possible that this razor was never really pushed by Schick (or sold in the US market) because of timing.  This was coming out (early 70's) just as the cartridge razor was exploding on the scene.

If you're looking for a brand new Type L Schick, this is your razor.  If you are interested in the history of Schick, this is pretty cool.  If you are interested in women's razors or the way in which razors were marketed to women, this is pretty interesting.

Anyway, that's my take.

As a by the way; one source list these as Type K: http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

3 5,612
 03-13-2018, 11:14 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-13-2018, 06:09 AM)nobebi Wrote: Please Nikos, would you look once more in your garage, it is possible that you will found other nice razors for us  Wink
My friend Nono, I have a couple of carton boxes with shaving stuff down there, you never know. There was a time about 2-3 years ago that I was buying items with thinking twice. That's why I have tons of stuff.

57 2,238
 03-13-2018, 11:15 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-13-2018, 10:15 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 08:24 AM)BrickHud Wrote: I have every Schick injector type from A to O, and I think this is an historically interesting razor.

In Robert Waits' safety razor compendium, there is no mention of this razor anywhere.  That's interesting, because Waits purports to catalog all the Type L variants.

This one kind of looks like the Type L "Easy Rider" but the handle is longer, and the Easy Rider didn't have the lever head.  And obviously the head is stamped "Lady Eversharp" instead of "Easy Rider".

I think this was a Schick/Eversharp attempt to find a niche (long handle, lever head, female-centric packaging).  There was a little desperation in Schick approach at this time, with gimmicky tie-ins to Tennis (Schick Grip), Auto Racing (Stick Schick) and the Olympics (Schick Championship).  They seemed to be trying everything.

My suspicion is that these were limited run Type L razors that Robert Waits missed, perhaps because this razor was never released in the U.S.  I think it's possible that this razor was never really pushed by Schick (or sold in the US market) because of timing.  This was coming out (early 70's) just as the cartridge razor was exploding on the scene.

If you're looking for a brand new Type L Schick, this is your razor.  If you are interested in the history of Schick, this is pretty cool.  If you are interested in women's razors or the way in which razors were marketed to women, this is pretty interesting.

Anyway, that's my take.

As a by the way; one source list these as Type K: http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm
An excellent reference, Hans!

57 2,238
 03-16-2018, 12:39 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Another one is sold!

Thank you!

57 2,238
 03-16-2018, 01:22 PM
User Info
Those are superb razors.
I first bought 2 for my wife. She liked it so much I went ahead and cleared the next remaining 3 Nikons had!
Now.. he has more ?!?!?!?
I think I am set. 
Guys  - buy one for the management - she would love it.

Nikos is a fantastic guy and a great friend.

8 949
 03-16-2018, 07:10 PM
User Info
Email sent for the last two. Wave1

20 114
 03-17-2018, 03:42 AM
User Info
(03-16-2018, 01:22 PM)Galhatz Wrote: Those are superb razors.
I first bought 2 for my wife. She liked it so much I went ahead and cleared the next remaining 3 Nikons had!
Now.. he has more ?!?!?!?
I think I am set. 
Guys  - buy one for the management - she would love it.

Nikos is a fantastic guy and a great friend.

Here, i'm the management Biggrin
i have bought  2 for myself , normal  Smile

5 128
 05-13-2018, 06:12 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Please archive.

Thank you everyone and TSN!

57 2,238