02-24-2018, 09:13 PM
  • rev579
  • μαθητής
  • East Texas
User Info
Of these three Schick Razors, which do you like best and why? Which should I not waste my time or money on?
Type E, Type F, and Type G

Are the L2(Stick) & L3(Grip) more about form or do they function well/good/excellent?

2 60
 02-25-2018, 04:20 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
I like the so-called Type E best - it is most aggressive, plus those bakelite handles are to my taste more attractive than the later plastic get ups.  The bonus is that there are more Type E's to be found in the wild .. they enjoyed a slightly longer production run than the Gs

The F is relatively rare,  and while I enjoy its shave the E is better suited to me mug .. as well as the razor I distinctly recall packing off to college

As far as the later gimmicky L's, they had gotten too mild by that point in time to be of use, again for me, though I have both in the Schick collection they seldom see "action"

The F is a looker though ..

[Image: Xy0OSyy.jpg]

52 547
 02-25-2018, 04:37 AM
  • rev579
  • μαθητής
  • East Texas
User Info
I ran across a few G’s but only one E that captured my attention. I can appreciate the ability to open the E up for cleaning.

2 60
 02-25-2018, 06:44 PM
User Info
The higher lettered ones above G are milder but I have a couple and they work fine for me.  My skin does not like aggressive razors on a daily basis so mild is good for me as a daily shaver.  I also think the ones lettered above G are better in that the spring mechanism is more integrated.  Gotta be careful buying the older ones that have that little spring dealie.  If this is deformed, then the blade may not sit tight.  End up with a baby rattle.

0 10
 02-25-2018, 07:35 PM
  • rev579
  • μαθητής
  • East Texas
User Info
(02-25-2018, 06:44 PM)imbored2deth Wrote: The higher lettered ones above G are milder but I have a couple and they work fine for me.  My skin does not like aggressive razors on a daily basis so mild is good for me as a daily shaver.  I also think the ones lettered above G are better in that the spring mechanism is more integrated.  Gotta be careful buying the older ones that have that little spring dealie.  If this is deformed, then the blade may not sit tight.  End up with a baby rattle.

When I was looking, if I picked it up and it rattled, I put it back down.

2 60
 02-25-2018, 07:49 PM
User Info
F is great. E2 is sharp but I'm not a fan of the E/G form factor. And there's something about the head on the E that I end up with nicks above my lip I don't get from other razors. G has no appeal at all, it's less efficient than the E with the same negative issues. The I on the other hand is great, form factor is like the F, handles great, not as efficient but very very smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2 363
 02-25-2018, 08:20 PM
User Info
I like the schick e, but prefer the pal injectomatic for those efficient shaves. The schick I is one of my favorite daily drivers.

14 256
 02-25-2018, 09:09 PM
  • rev579
  • μαθητής
  • East Texas
User Info
I guess I'll pick up set of injector blades. Do they vary like the DE razor blades?

2 60
 02-25-2018, 09:36 PM
User Info
(02-25-2018, 09:09 PM)rev579 Wrote: I guess I'll pick up set of injector blades. Do they vary like the DE razor blades?
Sure. But there aren't many to choose from in current manufacture: Chinese Schick, American Personna account for 99% of the market. There are Japanese Schicks as well which are Japan only, but many swear by Japanese twin blades made for the later models (not your G). Chinese Schicks seem to be the more popular.

2 363
 02-25-2018, 09:52 PM
User Info
(02-25-2018, 09:36 PM)jmudrick Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 09:09 PM)rev579 Wrote: I guess I'll pick up set of injector blades. Do they vary like the DE razor blades?
Sure. But there aren't many to choose from in current manufacture: Chinese Schick, American Personna account for 99% of the market. There are Japanese Schicks as well which are Japan only, but many swear by Japanese twin blades made for the later models (not your G). Chinese Schicks seem to be the more popular.

More popular or easier to get hold of, hard to say which. I find that both common types shaves equally well.

3 5,833
 02-25-2018, 10:14 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I used to have a G-type but sold it.  Too aggressive. 
The only Schicks I kept are a M15 adjustable and two (rare) O-types.  The O-type is my favorite by far.

48 2,073
 02-27-2018, 04:30 AM
User Info
I found the E too aggressive. I enjoy my G8. Will most likely sell me Type F.

I2 is my favorite. J handle I find too long. M Adjustable and O clone are superb with Schick twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 442