02-25-2018, 01:28 PM
User Info
Going to create a cleaned up post with a few of the items I still want to sell with adjusted prices.

Hi All,

I’m looking to move some of my shaving collection in an effort to raise funds for a new Beretta Over Under. I’ve enjoyed collecting these items and will miss having them, but I’ve found that a lot of my enjoyment was in the chase finding the items. Many of these items are now just sitting not being used, so I figured it would be a good time to move them on to someone else to enjoy. I think I’m being fair from a pricing point of view, but to be honest, I really have not been following wet shaving prices for a while. If anyone needs/wants to see additional photos I will be glad to PM, email or post them here. If you have any questions please reach out. If I have the box for the item I will include it, but unless I specifically say its included, please assume that I do not have it.

Please add $5 for USPS shipping for each item. If you buy multiple items I will cap the shipping at $10.

I will get the items shipped out as quickly as I can, but I don't want to set an unrealistic expectation that I cant meet. Ideally in the next three days or so. Conus and PayPal only. 

Thanks for looking! 

[Image: 1i9MJNU.jpg]

1 - Cased Gillette New Open Comb razor. Case and razor are both in good shape - Yours for $60.
2 - Cased Gillette Bostonian razor has a very small crack where the head meets the handle. The case works properly and moves the razor up and down, but the top of the case shows some wear - Yours for $60.
3 - Cased Gillette Super Speed razor. Razor and case are in great condition - Yours for $40.
4 - Simpson Chubby 2 in Super Badger - Comes with a grey Simpsons box, but not the original Chubby box. Retails for $220, yours for $150.
5 - Thater 4125/2 bulb. Comes with box. Retails for $145, yours for $100.
6 - Custom designed Geoff Anderson ShaveMac. Comes with box. Not sure on the retail price, $160 - $170 maybe? Yours for $125.
7 - Cased Gillette Blue tip. The razor and case are in excellent condition - Yours for $40. SOLD
8 - Gillette Army Set - As you can see from the photo, this set is in very nice shape. The handle has some brassing, but no cracks. The head is the proper “Property of the US Army”, and the case is in excellent condition. The case does have some brown marks on the underside of the case, they can only be seen when you remove the mirror. My price on this will be a little higher than maybe it should be, but this was purchased from a few eBay auctions to create this set. I paid over $50 for the case alone. It can be yours for $100.
9 - Cased Gillette Black Beauty. The razor and case are in very good condition. Yours for $40. SOLD
10 - Cased Gillette Aristocrat. The case and razor are in very nice shape. Includes the proper ivory colored blade case. Yours for $80. SOLD

[Image: 5HaEGUr.jpg]

1 - Mulcuto Slant Razor with original box. Great shaver, has a small plating issue on the handle. Yours for $75.
2 - Cased French LeCoq safety razor. Pretty sure this razor set has been bought and sold a few times on the various shaving websites. I got it on eBay and have since added the LoCoq branded blade - yours for $75.
3 - Cased Gillette pocket edition. Case is pretty roached, but the razor itself is in nice shape. Yours for $50.
4 - Apollo Safety Razor Made in Germany. Includes a rare Apollo blade bank I haven’t seen before and also an Apollo branded blade. The razor is in really great shape. Yours for $50.
5 - 1930s FASAN metal double slant safety razor with case and Fasan blade. The case is just okay, the razor is nice. I probably paid too much for it at $147, yours for $100.
6 - Merkur Mergress Short Handle. Great shape, yours for $75.  Available again after fixing spinning settings ring with clear epoxy. Works and looks as it should now.
Update - 7 - Cased Open Comb Gillette Tech. The case is in decent shape, the razor is in nice shape. Yours for $40. So it turns out that this is somewhat of a Frankenstein razor. It's a 1934 Red and Black DeLuxe case, with an open comb head and a fat tech handle. To make it close to original, I dug through my spares and found another Gillette "NEW" handle that I will throw in with the deal. So two handles, neither correct, but spice of life and stuff.
8 - Cased Hoffritz Slant. This razor might be NOS, its near perfect. Yours for $75. SOLD
9 - Rare cased Koenig & Co. slant. The razor and case are in very good condition. Yours for $75. SOLD
10 - Cased Emir double edged safety razor. This razor is in nice shape, the case and blade banks are super cool, but a little beat up. This is not the Emir razor with the red E on the handle, but its a cool razor none the less. Yours for $50.

[Image: UvGrrj4.jpg]

1 - Generic handles. These are very well made handles, I paid $60, selling as a pair for $40.
2 - This is a unique New Old Stock Valet Auto Strop. This one is unique in that its branded as a Gillette version which was manufactured for a very short period after the Gillette AutoStrop merger. Yours for $60.
3 - Polished Dr. Bomber Handle - Yours for $40.
4 - Jurgen Hempel Titanium handle - I Paid $99, yours for $60. SOLD
5 - Ikon DLC Slant head. Retails for $80. Yours for $50.  SOLD
6 - Ikon Shavecraft 102 Slant head. Retails for $40. Yours for $25.
7 - Ikon special addition handle. Not sure of the retail on this, this is an early addition, I’m guessing I paid $50 ish. Yours for $25.
8 - Parker open comb razor - Retails for $30, yours for $20.
9 and 10 are misc blade banks and a NOS Blue Blades. These sell on eBay from $10-$20 a piece. I’d prefer to package a few of them together for shipping purposes. The ivory colored case pictured in 10 is harder to find than then others, and honestly I’m not sure exactly what the other white Gillette blade bank is from, but I know I haven’t seen many around. Cream blade banks are SOLD.

26 181
 02-25-2018, 01:55 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Great assortment of shave goods! GLWTS.

8 2,755
 02-25-2018, 02:21 PM
User Info
(02-25-2018, 01:55 PM)chazt Wrote: Great assortment of shave goods! GLWTS.

Thanks Charlie. It's all very clean and in good shape too. I was a bit out of control for a bit.

26 181
 02-25-2018, 02:36 PM
User Info
PM sent.

0 98
 02-25-2018, 02:53 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(02-25-2018, 02:21 PM)GregMacMan Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 01:55 PM)chazt Wrote: Great assortment of shave goods! GLWTS.

Thanks Charlie. It's all very clean and in good shape too. I was a bit out of control for a bit.

I understand. I go through cycles. Each AD lasts about 18 months. I’m sick... please help me...

8 2,755
 02-25-2018, 03:15 PM
User Info
Wow, amazing offerings at a great price. GLWTS. I hope some of them "survive" until the next weekend.

1 43
 02-25-2018, 04:02 PM
User Info
PM sent on the Jurgen Hemple Ti handle

7 227
 02-25-2018, 05:13 PM
User Info
(02-25-2018, 01:28 PM)GregMacMan Wrote: Hi All,

I’m looking to move some of my shaving collection in an effort to raise funds for a new Beretta Over Under. I’ve enjoyed collecting these items and will miss having them, but I’ve found that a lot of my enjoyment was in the chase finding the items. Many of these items are now just sitting not being used, so I figured it would be a good time to move them on to someone else to enjoy. I think I’m being fair from a pricing point of view, but to be honest, I really have not been following wet shaving prices for a while. If anyone needs/wants to see additional photos I will be glad to PM, email or post them here. If you have any questions please reach out. If I have the box for the item I will include it, but unless I specifically say its included, please assume that I do not have it.

Please add $5 for USPS shipping for each item. If you buy multiple items I will cap the shipping at $10.

I will get the items shipped out as quickly as I can, but I don't want to set an unrealistic expectation that I cant meet. Ideally in the next three days or so. Conus and PayPal only. 

Thanks for looking! 

[Image: 1i9MJNU.jpg]

1 - Cased Gillette New Open Comb razor. Case and razor are both in good shape - Yours for $60.

2 - Cased Gillette Bostonian razor has a very small crack where the head meets the handle. The case works properly and moves the razor up and down, but the top of the case shows some wear - Yours for $60.
3 - Cased Gillette Super Speed razor. Razor and case are in great condition - Yours for $40.
4 - Simpson Chubby 2 in Super Badger - Comes with a grey Simpsons box, but not the original Chubby box. Retails for $220, yours for $150.
5 - Thater 4125/2 bulb. Comes with box. Retails for $145, yours for $100.
6 - Custom designed Geoff Anderson ShaveMac. Comes with box. Not sure on the retail price, $160 - $170 maybe? Yours for $125.
7 - Cased Gillette Blue tip. The razor and case are in excellent condition - Yours for $40. Sold
8 - Gillette Army Set - As you can see from the photo, this set is in very nice shape. The handle has some brassing, but no cracks. The head is the proper “Property of the US Army”, and the case is in excellent condition. The case does have some brown marks on the underside of the case, they can only be seen when you remove the mirror. My price on this will be a little higher than maybe it should be, but this was purchased from a few eBay auctions to create this set. I paid over $50 for the case alone. It can be yours for $100.
9 - Cased Gillette Black Beauty. The razor and case are in very good condition. Yours for $40. Sold Pending Funds
10 - Cased Gillette Aristocrat. The case and razor are in very nice shape. Includes the proper ivory colored blade case. Yours for $80. 

[Image: 5HaEGUr.jpg]

1 - Mulcuto Slant Razor with original box. Great shaver, has a small plating issue on the handle. Yours for $75.

2 - Cased French LeCoq safety razor. Pretty sure this razor set has been bought and sold a few times on the various shaving websites. I got it on eBay and have since added the LoCoq branded blade - yours for $75.
3 - Cased Gillette pocket edition. Case is pretty roached, but the razor itself is in nice shape. Yours for $50.
4 - Apollo Safety Razor Made in Germany. Includes a rare Apollo blade bank I haven’t seen before and also an Apollo branded blade. The razor is in really great shape. Yours for $50.
5 - 1930s FASAN metal double slant safety razor with case and Fasan blade. The case is just okay, the razor is nice. I probably paid too much for it at $147, yours for $100.
6 - Merkur Mergress. Great shape, yours for $75. Sold
7 - Cased Open Comb Gillette Tech. The case is in decent shape, the razor is in nice shape. Yours for $40.
8 - Cased Hoffritz Slant. This razor might be NOS, its near perfect. Yours for $75.
9 - Rare cased Koenig & Co. slant. The razor and case are in very good condition. Yours for $75.
10 - Cased Emir double edged safety razor. This razor is in nice shape, the case and blade banks are super cool, but a little beat up. This is not the Emir razor with the red E on the handle, but its a cool razor none the less. Yours for $50.

[Image: UvGrrj4.jpg]

1 - Generic handles. These are very well made handles, I paid $60, selling as a pair for $40.

2 - This is a unique New Old Stock Valet Auto Strop. This one is unique in that its branded as a Gillette version which was manufactured for a very short period after the Gillette AutoStrop merger. Yours for $60.
3 - Polished Dr. Bomber Handle - Yours for $40.
4 - Jurgen Hempel Titanium handle - I Paid $99, yours for $60.
5 - Ikon DLC Slant head. Retails for $80. Yours for $50.
6 - Ikon Shavecraft 102 Slant head. Retails for $40. Yours for $25.
7 - Ikon special addition handle. Not sure of the retail on this, this is an early addition, I’m guessing I paid $50 ish. Yours for $25.  Sold
8 - Parker open comb razor - Retails for $30, yours for $20.
9 and 10 are misc blade banks and a NOS Blue Blades. These sell on eBay from $10-$20 a piece. I’d prefer to package a few of them together for shipping purposes. The ivory colored case pictured in 10 is harder to find than then others, and honestly I’m not sure exactly what the other white Gillette blade bank is from, but I know I haven’t seen many around.

PM sent for:

Jurgen Hempel Titanium handle ($60)

Cased Hoffritz slant razor ($75)

1 29
 02-25-2018, 06:58 PM
User Info
A shotgun huh?  Good man!  Great stuff here.

6 291
 02-25-2018, 07:01 PM
User Info
This is an impressive collection in its own right. Lots of great offerings. Bravo.

10 1,589
 02-25-2018, 07:18 PM
User Info
Pm sent. Very interesting Hoffritz Slant.

0 4
 02-25-2018, 08:12 PM
User Info
(02-25-2018, 06:58 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: A shotgun huh?  Good man!  Great stuff here.

Yep, I can no longer live without an over under...

26 181
 02-25-2018, 08:13 PM
User Info
(02-25-2018, 07:01 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: This is an impressive collection in its own right. Lots of great offerings. Bravo.

Thank you.

Greg

26 181
 02-26-2018, 09:01 AM
  • Jorvaljr
  • Temple city, California
User Info
I had sent a pm about the ivory dispensers yesterday . I didn’t receive a reply

4 213
 03-12-2018, 03:31 PM
User Info
Updated available items.