03-07-2018, 01:48 AM
User Info
A few weeks back I payed a visit to a wet shaving store here is Athens, Greece. While I was browsing around he told me that he tried to restock on Floid but the supplier informed him that the entire line has been discontinued. I believe you can understand my terror upon heraing those news, so I am trying to find as many information about this as possible. Have you heard any similar rumours? Maybe Phil from BullGoose can shed some light into this matter?

0 70
 03-07-2018, 02:30 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I for one can't understand your terror because, even if it's true, there are dozens of other excellent post shave products available.

58 2,346
 03-07-2018, 03:45 AM
User Info
Floid is one of the oldest brands in wet shaving, even older than Old Spice. I agree that are many good AS options but these old brands can't be replaced.
Also their price to quality ratio is exceptional.

0 70
 03-07-2018, 09:20 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I understand that gifts and Care is coming up with an homage to Floid Blue so hope is alive

48 19,977
 03-07-2018, 09:23 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(03-07-2018, 01:48 AM)Iasonas Wrote: A few weeks back I payed a visit to a wet shaving store here is Athens, Greece. While I was browsing around he told me that he tried to restock on Floid but the supplier informed him that the entire line has been discontinued. I believe you can understand my terror upon heraing those news, so I am trying to find as many information about this as possible. Have you heard any similar rumours? Maybe Phil from BullGoose can shed some light into this matter?

I do not know if this is true or not. My sales of Floid have slowed to such a degree that I have had no need to restock.

48 19,977
 03-07-2018, 10:42 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I prefer Floid blue to Myrsol blue, and Floid vigoroso to Myrsol Antesol.  Based on my current rate of use, I probably have 5 years of supply left.  If they're gone, they're gone.  I'd move on to Myrsol (or whatever was available at that time).
No panic buying from me.

48 2,067
 03-07-2018, 10:55 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Lucky me, have still two dozen bottles of the original and the blue  Cool

31 1,552
 03-07-2018, 08:38 PM
User Info
Blue Barber is very similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 11
 03-14-2018, 06:03 AM
User Info
I own the Vigoroso, the Genuine and the Blue in the larger bottles (this photo is borrowed from B&B and not taken by me):

[Image: as2.jpg]

Then I own a regular bottle of Floid Suave
[Image: wpa5625333_06.png]

But I'm actually trying to downsize my scented after shaves anyway, so it won't be a huge loss to me.
BUT with that said, you have to pay respect to tradition and Floid has made very nice after shaves for generations at quite a fair price, and I would hate to see them going out of business.

Floid Blue and Vigorous in the larger bottles would actually be 2 of the 6 after shaves I would end up with, when I downsize my after shaves along with the 2 large bottles of Proraso Green and Proraso Red, so I hope the rumor is untrue, Speick Original and DR Harris Pink being the final of the 6.

25 6,398
 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM
User Info
The one from Gifts and Care sounds nice. Based on their messaging on the site it sounds like it's Europe only for now. 

Are there any other copies/homages to Floid Blue that I'm not aware of?

42 584
 03-14-2018, 07:29 AM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
(03-14-2018, 06:56 AM)OnaBlueCloud Wrote: The one from Gifts and Care sounds nice. Based on their messaging on the site it sounds like it's Europe only for now. 

"Cool" in the B&M Reserve line

82 3,445
 03-14-2018, 07:33 AM
User Info
(03-14-2018, 07:29 AM)Nero Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:56 AM)OnaBlueCloud Wrote: The one from Gifts and Care sounds nice. Based on their messaging on the site it sounds like it's Europe only for now. 

"Cool" in the B&M Reserve line
That's the only one I own besides some stock I still have of Floid Blue. I usually avoid bringing up B&M because I don't want to deal with all the negative reactions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

42 584
 03-14-2018, 09:17 AM
User Info
First thing I hear about Floïd being discontinued, honestly. Blue is long gone but the regular one will still stay with us for the time being, as far as I know.

0 198
 04-05-2018, 02:21 AM
  • HMan
User Info
I saw a video from Italy on another forum. It looks like The Genuine has been reformulated and is now much closer to Vigaroso.

0 24
 04-05-2018, 02:40 PM
User Info
I purchased a 400ml bottle of the Original Amber a couple of years ago. Never used it until today since I thought
it was just a bit overpowering smell. Finally gave it a shot today and it is not bad. Smells like I just came out of the
barber shop. The skin conditioning is not as good as Proraso.
Haven't been in one for 30 years. I'll tell you one thing - the fragrance lasts quite a while. Hmm - is that
good or bad???

0 51
 04-07-2018, 01:16 AM
  • HMan
User Info
(04-05-2018, 02:40 PM)tenreasy Wrote: I purchased a 400ml bottle of the Original Amber a couple of years ago. Never used it until today since I thought
it was just a bit overpowering smell. Finally gave it a shot today and it is not bad. Smells like I just came out of the
barber shop. The skin conditioning is not as good as Proraso.
Haven't been in one for 30 years. I'll tell you one thing - the fragrance lasts quite a while. Hmm - is that
good or bad???

It's softer than the Spanish variety, I like them both, Spanish is more macho, Italian more fancy.

It always a YMMV the Proraso is too oily for me, I find Floid to be just right.

0 24
 04-07-2018, 02:03 PM
User Info
"It's softer than the Spanish variety, I like them both, Spanish is more macho, Italian more fancy."

I have the 400ml The Genuine, amber color, has Barcelona, Spain printed on the back. Are there ones made
in Italy with a different scent? Looks like the packaging now is different and 150ml bottles are in the lineup. 
What vendor offers the ones made in Italy?

0 51
 04-09-2018, 09:11 AM
  • HMan
User Info
(04-07-2018, 02:03 PM)tenreasy Wrote: "It's softer than the Spanish variety, I like them both, Spanish is more macho, Italian more fancy."

I have the 400ml The Genuine, amber color, has Barcelona, Spain printed on the back. Are there ones made
in Italy with a different scent? Looks like the packaging now is different and 150ml bottles are in the lineup. 
What vendor offers the ones made in Italy?

The new 'improved' genuine is almost identical in color to Floid Vigaroso, the earlier Genuine is clearly much lighter. To the best of my knowledge they are all made in Spain now and have been for some time.

Here is the video I mentioned, it's by an Italian reviewer, but you can turn English CC on and get the gist of what he's saying.

0 24
 04-28-2018, 03:45 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(03-07-2018, 01:48 AM)Iasonas Wrote: A few weeks back I payed a visit to a wet shaving store here is Athens, Greece. While I was browsing around he told me that he tried to restock on Floid but the supplier informed him that the entire line has been discontinued. I believe you can understand my terror upon heraing those news, so I am trying to find as many information about this as possible. Have you heard any similar rumours? Maybe Phil from BullGoose can shed some light into this matter?

Is it possible he could have meant that that retailer has discontinued buying from Floid?

8 2,531