03-10-2018, 05:46 AM
User Info
If there is a cream or soap I like I usually try to get the matching balm scent to complete the experience.
I thought the Melhor cream was rather excellent, similar in qualities to the big English names. And the scent was great.
The balm on the other hand is mediocre. The scent is there but it dissipates very quickly, even for a balm.
Skin care qualities are below average. It doesn't really hydrate the skin (doesn't dry it either). Id doesn't sooth if there is a slight irritation and feels a little bit sticky.
It actually reminded me a cheap "Adidas" balm I once bought at a supermarket for 5 bucks.

What is very impressive is the price point, because it is above $35 for a 100ml bottle. 
It *used* to be sold in a 250ml big bottle, and at that point, you could squint at it, maybe. 
But for 100ml, the price is outrageously high.
So if you do see it - make sure you get the 250ml and not the 100ml.

I bought mine on ebay from a seller called "portuguesefactory"
The product description and picture were of the 250ml version, but I got the 100ml instead. When I contacted the seller the reply was "The manufacturer reduced the item content to 100ml but the item description was not corrected. We will correct the info right now and think about a compensation for you as you bought the item expecting the description was precise".

UPDATE: the seller issued a refund and apologized. moving on...

Here is the old 250ml...
[Image: IkoaVNa.png]

and this is the 100ml ...

[Image: sEjrmVO.png]

8 949
 03-10-2018, 06:00 AM
User Info
I see that the vendor now has the 100ml (3.38z) priced at $46.99.  That's an overpriced balm, even if it performed well.

It seems to me that you have recourse against this vendor with ebay.

By the way, I also like the O Melhor cream, but have not used it for many years because it's not available in the US.

53 7,971
 03-10-2018, 07:36 AM
User Info
The seller contacted me, apologized profusely and issued a refund.

Done.

8 949
 03-11-2018, 02:52 PM
User Info
I'm glad the vendor decided to do the right thing.

53 7,971