04-12-2018, 02:42 PM
User Info
The new LE scent is fantastic! Mixed really well because the earth and green goes really nicely with the citrus. The base for this is great. Glad to have the goat milk added. Definite improvment in post shave and i could just be imagining it but it seems slicker than regular Select. Residual slickness is for sure slicker. More creamy to. Well done CRSW!

0 103
 04-12-2018, 05:14 PM
User Info
select is not what it used to be.  scents are amazing, but the shave is not as protective as the original soaps.  I don't know why the lather is thinner, but they are not the same and I don't plan on ordering any more to try.    The irritation on my face won't allow.   Big disappointment.   I'll use the remaining metal tins of the old stuff and then stick with glide.   Hoping we see  new select type scents in glide soon.

2 83
 04-13-2018, 07:16 AM
User Info
Petr, I would not hesitate to reccomend you this new Springtime LE. Much better than the standard Select. Its thicker and creamier, improved slickness and post shave. I don't know if this is new base for upcoming Selects or a one off for this LE? I sent Larry an email this morning to get an answer but have not heard back.

0 103
 04-15-2018, 07:47 AM
User Info
(04-13-2018, 07:16 AM)shavealife Wrote: Petr, I would not hesitate to reccomend you this new Springtime LE. Much better than the standard Select. Its thicker and creamier, improved slickness and post shave. I don't know if this is new base for upcoming Selects or a one off for this LE? I sent Larry an email this morning to get an answer but have not heard back.

First shave with the new Spring. New formula is great as is the scent. I think it is richer, easier to lather and more dense. Same slickness but better post. I'm liking it a whole lot!

0 112
 04-15-2018, 07:56 AM
User Info
(04-15-2018, 07:47 AM)gRider Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 07:16 AM)shavealife Wrote: Petr, I would not hesitate to reccomend you this new Springtime LE. Much better than the standard Select. Its thicker and creamier, improved slickness and post shave. I don't know if this is new base for upcoming Selects or a one off for this LE? I sent Larry an email this morning to get an answer but have not heard back.

First shave with the new Spring. New formula is great as is the scent. I think it is richer, easier to lather and more dense. Same slickness but better post. I'm liking it a whole lot!

I agree. The scent is beautiful- like a Spring morning.

17 766
 04-15-2018, 12:54 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
An excellent rendition of the Select base. Performance is top notch. Loading is MUCH easier than the previous bases. I actually managed to overload, even though I spent two times less time than usualSmile Post shave is fantastic.

115 1,649
 04-15-2018, 03:38 PM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
The Spring LE is indeed a wonderful scent.  It is my favorite scent from anything I have bought over the last year.  It is clean, bright but not childish.  It feels masculine but not cloying.  I get a sweet and light woodsy combination to my nose that is so classic and comfortable that I could use it for an extended period of time and not fatigue of the scent.  I find it to be relaxing and calming.

The formula does feel a little different.  My lather was more pillowy than I am used to from the classic select formula.  My only complaint... I long for a matching aftershave.  

After all this time of trying new soaps I find myself asking the question, why bother?  Cold River products are always such a rewarding experience there really is no need to pander to the latest LE release.  Once again Larry quietly showcases his skills as a master artisan in a world of obnoxious marketing.

0 267
 04-18-2018, 12:28 PM
User Info
(04-15-2018, 03:38 PM)Asafiev Wrote: The Spring LE is indeed a wonderful scent.  It is my favorite scent from anything I have bought over the last year.  It is clean, bright but not childish.  It feels masculine but not cloying.  I get a sweet and light woodsy combination to my nose that is so classic and comfortable that I could use it for an extended period of time and not fatigue of the scent.  I find it to be relaxing and calming.

The formula does feel a little different.  My lather was more pillowy than I am used to from the classic select formula.  My only complaint... I long for a matching aftershave.  

After all this time of trying new soaps I find myself asking the question, why bother?  Cold River products are always such a rewarding experience there really is no need to pander to the latest LE release.  Once again Larry quietly showcases his skills as a master artisan in a world of obnoxious marketing.

Excellent post Asafiev! Cant help myself when it comes to buying new soaps that sound interesting but I find that CRSW is without equal and a true treasure.

I'm finding the Springtime LE a beautiful scent. Very masculine and complex without being obnoxious.

0 126