10-06-2018, 05:15 AM
User Info
(05-28-2018, 09:00 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Let me preface by stating that this isn't a complaint, just an observation.
[Image: 2018-05-11%2B07.56.29.jpg]
Being a soft cream a shaver will go through a tub of this quickly. I'm less than a dozen shaves in, and I can already see the bottom of the tub. I do realise not everyone is a heavy loader, but I love having enough tlather for three passes and a bit.

So... great soap, but wont last long. Something to keep in mind.
Interesting - that was my initial experience too, going through my first tub in about 10 days.

I prefer a heavy load too but figured something was wrong to be going through it that fast.  
So I tried a smaller load and came to find out the lather was just as good as with the heavy load.

This is definitely a "thirsty" soap.  I add a little water to my bowl after each pass and work it into a thick, fresh froth.  
One day I experimented and re-lathered mid-pass several times just to see how far I could go; I go maybe a total of 8 or 9 lathers and experienced very little diminishment in the lather.  I still struggle with that intuitively.

I'm not up to Larry's 40 shaves / bowl yet (maybe 30), but I am just as satisfied with the results.

It takes a lot of restraint for me to load less with the Glide, but realizing just how "concentrated" (for lack of a better word) the Glide soaps are, my faith in the efficacy of smaller loads has grown.  Smile

Barbiere Sapone is my #1, followed closely by:
Colonia Mediterranea then,
Olfactory Hue and Fragile Confusion.
Morning Ghost would follow.

But the SELECT soaps are not to be dismissed, not by a stretch
I just put Vetiver Fresco to the top of my Select list.  That is an amazing scent!
Juniper & Limenthol for changes of olfactory pace.

I'm obviously a CRSW fan - it's my #1 brand in rotation.

0 426
 10-07-2018, 01:31 PM
User Info
I'm not as experienced with CRSW as some of you guys I only have one but I don't see my Glide getting used up any faster than my other soft soaps (DG, B&M).

0 27
 10-07-2018, 04:44 PM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
Same here. No difference whatsoever.
(10-07-2018, 01:31 PM)tubular Wrote: I'm not as experienced with CRSW as some of you guys I only have one but I don't see my Glide getting used up any faster than my other soft soaps (DG, B&M).

82 3,407
 10-10-2018, 04:36 PM
User Info
Here is a question for Larry.

The Glide line was initially released in three scents - Olfactory Hue, Fragile Confusion, and Morning Ghost.  Thereafter, some of the scents from the Select line were incorporated into the Glide line.

Is there any possibility of the initial Glide scents making it into the Select line?  I think Olfactory Hue in the Select base would be a terrific offering.

53 8,125
 10-11-2018, 05:45 AM
User Info
Can someone describe Barbiere Sapone or compare it to another product?  I'm trying to pick a Glide scent to try but I can't really get a handle on the scent descriptions.  BS is described as both "classic" and "untamed / extremes".  Likewise, Olfactory Hue is described as woodsy / earthy and then one of the reviews calls it clean.  I know scents are hard to describe, but some of the descriptions seem at odds with themselves.  Samples would make this a lot easier.

0 2
 10-11-2018, 06:52 AM
User Info
(10-11-2018, 05:45 AM)Newmania Wrote: Can someone describe Barbiere Sapone or compare it to another product?  I'm trying to pick a Glide scent to try but I can't really get a handle on the scent descriptions.  BS is described as both "classic" and "untamed / extremes".  Likewise, Olfactory Hue is described as woodsy / earthy and then one of the reviews calls it clean.  I know scents are hard to describe, but some of the descriptions seem at odds with themselves.  Samples would make this a lot easier.

You can visit the soap trade thread, where samples can be exchanged.

29 1,495