12-20-2018, 09:15 PM
User Info
I took my tub of winter glide to the office and there was much rejoicing (after I explained what shaving soap was) ha! The scent was universally appreciated. I had my first shave this morning, and I’m still blown away with the performance of this base. I’m not a pine guy, but this scent absolutely works for me. It’s just the right level of each scent-profile - and who would have thought of ozone + cranberry?! I love it!

32 1,714
 12-22-2018, 03:54 AM
User Info
(12-20-2018, 09:15 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I took my tub of winter glide to the office and there was much rejoicing (after I explained what shaving soap was) ha! The scent was universally appreciated. I had my first shave this morning, and I’m still blown away with the performance of this base. I’m not a pine guy, but this scent absolutely works for me. It’s just the right level of each scent-profile - and who would have thought of ozone + cranberry?! I love it!

+1 I took Glide Winter to the office yesterday to let the resident scotch/cigar expert get a whiff. He loved it.

60 1,409
 12-24-2018, 12:35 PM
User Info
(12-16-2018, 11:53 AM)merkur man Wrote: [Image: gqCYKgK.jpg]

CRSW Glide Winter / Rooney Finest
Such a wonderful base and scent.  Perfect lather doesn't come any easier than it does with Glide.  

Great pic Merkur Man! Exactly what I go for with Glide. When I'm done shaving and squeeze out my brush that's what I want to see.

1 208
 01-03-2019, 08:25 AM
User Info
There were questions earlier about the Barbiere Sapone scent.  I got it for Christmas and it generally smells like mens bar soap -- something in the realm of Irish Spring or Zest.  It also smells fairly similar (although less distinct) to B&M Barrister's Reserve Classic which is based on Gillette Sun Up and has "notes of citrus, lavender, moss and sandalwood".  Barbiere Sapone isn't my favorite scent, but it's nice and the performance of both the Glide soap / matching aftershave is top notch.

0 3
 01-03-2019, 01:12 PM
User Info
(01-03-2019, 08:25 AM)Newmania Wrote: There were questions earlier about the Barbiere Sapone scent.  I got it for Christmas and it generally smells like mens bar soap -- something in the realm of Irish Spring or Zest.  It also smells fairly similar (although less distinct) to B&M Barrister's Reserve Classic which is based on Gillette Sun Up and has "notes of citrus, lavender, moss and sandalwood".  Barbiere Sapone isn't my favorite scent, but it's nice and the performance of both the Glide soap / matching aftershave is top notch.

I know scent is subjective but Irish Spring? Barbiere Sapone smells very close to Pacco Rabbone. It's warm, spicy and I get a huge hit of amber and tobacco.

B&M Sun Up smells like powdery lemons, not even remotely similar to Barbiere Sapone.

0 138
 01-19-2019, 07:12 AM
User Info
Used Barbiere Sapone this morning. Both the soap and AS. It's a gem of a scent! Has to be in my Top 5 all time scents.

0 231
 02-12-2019, 09:07 AM
User Info
(12-20-2018, 09:15 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I took my tub of winter glide to the office and there was much rejoicing (after I explained what shaving soap was) ha! The scent was universally appreciated. I had my first shave this morning, and I’m still blown away with the performance of this base. I’m not a pine guy, but this scent absolutely works for me. It’s just the right level of each scent-profile - and who would have thought of ozone + cranberry?! I love it!

Used my Winter again today. Wish this would be a permanent scent. Not sure what type of magic is in the Glide but the performance is off the chart.

1 208
 02-12-2019, 11:23 AM
User Info
(12-01-2018, 08:22 AM)Niemander Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 06:07 PM)LewisO Wrote: What’s this SMN that you’re forgetting about?
Can anyone describe Barbiere Sapone and Colonia Mediterranea in more detail than website description? I have trouble knowing what scents are from most marketing descriptions.
Describe scents, compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really difficult to do.  These scents are actually quite complex - unlike say, a TOBS Grapefruit, which scent is quite obvious.

Barbiere Sapone and Colonia Mediterranea are arguably my two most favorite soaps.  I took both out last night to see if I could come up with words to describe both... and it's hard.  In truth, the three words on each's tin were unquestionably accurate, and "frame" the scents quite well - but there's so much more to the scents too.

I agree 100%! I love both scents but the Barbire Sapone is my favorite. I'd love to see some new scents in the Glide because CRSW scents are fantastic.

0 114
 02-14-2019, 08:38 AM
  • TomG
  • Perth, Western Australia
User Info
I realise that this is a CRSW soap appreciation thread, but I must say that this has become my go-to post-shave product - very impressive indeed.

[Image: sZZGE1C.jpg]

0 93