09-02-2012, 09:09 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Here is a Palmolive cream from Egypt. Let me say a few things about it.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--No exception here, it lathers like a champ!

Longevity of lather: 10/10-- No problem this way either.

General skincare: 10/10--Intense cooling, very moisturizing and soothing.

Scent: 4/10--Honestly, this is what kills this stuff.

Price: 10/10--Very cheap in Egypt. Perhaps 2,00$, sometimes less.

Would I buy again: 6/10--I'd have to think about it. The scent.........

This version of Palmolive Menthol is another example of great value for a wetshaver on a tight budget, because a 100 gram tube is so cheap. IMHO however, now, I'm only talking about myself--this cream is a menthol lover's dream come true, and the cooling effect is ultra-potent, in fact, it is MUCH stronger than Ingram and Proraso Green combined, and the skincare is wonderful. However, for me, the scent is not nice, and it seems to linger quite a while after a shave. For this reason, I have a feeling that I'd have to really think about buying it again. Otherwise, it's darn good stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 09-02-2012, 09:45 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Excellent review Jeff!
Thank you once again. Too bad about the scent. Also likely too much menthol for me. I can't believe that it's Ingram's & Proraso Green combined...wow! Is it approaching QC Vostok territory???

Proraso Green = too much for me, Proraso White = just right.

I picked up Ingram's because it's mentioned as such a great value. I'm afraid to try it....!

This one and Vostok will have to stay as your territory. Biggrin

6 905
 09-02-2012, 10:18 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Always enjoy your soap reviews, as always it was excellent.

1 3,507
 09-02-2012, 02:37 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(09-02-2012, 09:45 AM)EHV Wrote: Excellent review Jeff!
Thank you once again. Too bad about the scent. Also likely too much menthol for me. I can't believe that it's Ingram's & Proraso Green combined...wow! Is it approaching QC Vostok territory???

Proraso Green = too much for me, Proraso White = just right.

I picked up Ingram's because it's mentioned as such a great value. I'm afraid to try it....!

This one and Vostok will have to stay as your territory. Biggrin

Well, not as cold as Vostok, or TSD Iced Subzero, but a LOT colder than Ingram or Proraso Green. I would give it around an 8/10 on the menthol scale which would score it as high as the Italian Palmolive Menthol cream or the Godrej Menthol Mist. Now, we mentioned Ingram - the Egyptian version of Ingram is colder than the UK version, believe me. It's almost as cold as this Egyptian Palmolive cream. Smile

3 2,562
 09-02-2012, 04:32 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Jeff for another wonderful and honest review.

100 12,442
 09-02-2012, 05:12 PM
User Info
Hey Jeff...

My brother in cheap creams from across the globe Biggrin thanks for the review. I was planning on ordering some as I heard that it was colder than the Lea, but after your review Ithink I shall pass. I will stick with the menthols you recommend.

5 833
 09-02-2012, 06:10 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Arley, I don't know how anyone can order this Palmolive cream because it seems no vendors anywhere stock it. My friend brought me a bunch of tubes from Egypt when he went to visit his family in Cairo. I have one more tube left which is in use presently, and then hopefully that's the last I'll ever see of it. (I never thought I'd say that about a menthol cream!)

3 2,562
 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM
User Info
(09-02-2012, 06:10 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: Arley, I don't know how anyone can order this Palmolive cream because it seems no vendors anywhere stock it. My friend brought me a bunch of tubes from Egypt when he went to visit his family in Cairo. I have one more tube left which is in use presently, and then hopefully that's the last I'll ever see of it. (I never thought I'd say that about a menthol cream!)

That is good to know...so the Palmolive Menthol from Bullgoose or any of the other respected vendors would not be this. Excelllent!

5 833
 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(09-03-2012, 09:54 AM)Azarius Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 06:10 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: Arley, I don't know how anyone can order this Palmolive cream because it seems no vendors anywhere stock it. My friend brought me a bunch of tubes from Egypt when he went to visit his family in Cairo. I have one more tube left which is in use presently, and then hopefully that's the last I'll ever see of it. (I never thought I'd say that about a menthol cream!)

That is good to know...so the Palmolive Menthol from Bullgoose or any of the other respected vendors would not be this. Excelllent!

Arley, if my friend brings that stuff back from Egypt for me again which I know he will, I'll send you a tube. I will say this - I love the lather, skincare and super-icy menthol it gives. It's easily the same freeze as the Italian version. The scent really annoys me, but once in a while I can force myself to tolerate it. The Italian Palmolive Menthol smells so much more delicious.

3 2,562