04-17-2012, 11:38 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I use the Mr. Glo before every shave as well.
I've tried the Neutrogena bar, the Purpose bar, the Basis bar and the Neutrogena Razor Defense Wash that was recommended my Mantic and while they are all great products, I give the edge to Mr. Glo.
Maybe it's the extra oils added in, maybe it's psychological(!) but I always seem to get superior results with Mr. Glo.

If it is indeed the extra oils that make a difference than the Dr. Bronner's mentioned above is surely a great alternative to try.

6 905
 04-20-2012, 05:27 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
got mine in the mail this morning and used it before the shave. It smells great and may face did feel more prepared versus using the barbasol. I like it!!

116 3,804
 04-20-2012, 08:54 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Thanks for that Dave. Smells like candy!

And BTW,I've been using is solely prior to a shave and it's barely made a dent in the bar after about 3 months. Just a small amount of soap is required.

Lesiureguy uses this as his pre-shave and doesn't rinse it off completely prior to lathering. I've tried that too but found I like it better rinsed off before anything else is done.

6 905
 04-20-2012, 09:07 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I guess I did it right. I washed my face with it and let it sit for a good few minutes while I made lather, etc then rinsed it off before applying the lather.

116 3,804
 05-02-2017, 10:01 PM
User Info
Love mrglo. Don't know if it softens whiskers or not but love the scent and it cleans great.

1 41