03-23-2018, 05:58 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I got the Stirling Sandpiper aftershave a while back. I liked it right away, more each time I used it. It is based on YSL La Nuit de l'Homme. This week I got the Sandpiper soap. Excellent Stirling performance as expected. Now I REALLY like the scent. Sandpiper has earned a permanent place in my rotation.

[Image: SOTD%203-23-18.jpg]

4 3,169
 03-23-2018, 12:00 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Bob, you’ve been an advocate for Stirling shave soaps for quite some time. I’ve tried three of their bath soaps and have been very impressed. My next bath soap order will include a jar of their unscented shave soap. Perhaps the version with bees wax. That’ll be new and different, won’t it?

I dig that sweet brush and extra shiny razor. Mmm-mm!

10 3,054
 03-23-2018, 01:27 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(03-23-2018, 05:58 AM)Coyote Wrote: This week I got the Sandpiper soap. Excellent Stirling performance as expected. Now I REALLY like the scent. Sandpiper has earned a permanent place in my rotation.
[Image: SOTD%203-23-18.jpg]

All of the Stirling shaving soaps that are made from mutton tallow have a picture of a sheep on the label.  
The Sandpiper shaving soap pictured above has a picture of a sandpiper on the label.
I am bummed that the Sandpiper shaving soap is not made from sandpiper tallow.
I guess that could set a bad precedent for the ingredients of the next batch of Stirling Witchy Woman shaving soap.

1 1,260
 03-23-2018, 01:28 PM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Good luck Charlie! Thanks!

4 3,169
 03-26-2018, 07:29 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
How does the sandpiper AS smell compared to YSL Nuit? Longevity?

90 1,665
 03-26-2018, 09:52 PM
User Info
I'm also a big Stirling fan for the past 3 years. The soaps, aftershaves, and balms are excellent products and they have a large selection on scents. Next order I think I'll try the Sandpiper & Satsuma shaving soaps!

Happy Shaving!
49erShaving

0 157
 03-27-2018, 07:26 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Gabe, the longevity is excellent 4-6 hours. I can't speak to the comparison.

4 3,169
 03-27-2018, 04:26 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(03-27-2018, 07:26 AM)Coyote Wrote: Gabe, the longevity is excellent 4-6 hours. I can't speak to the comparison.

Thank you. It will be on my short list now that Folsom is not producing anymore BP (not official, just my guess)

90 1,665
 03-31-2018, 10:20 AM
  • johnz
  • Traverse City, MI
User Info
(03-23-2018, 12:00 PM)chazt Wrote: Bob, you’ve been an advocate for Stirling shave soaps for quite some time. I’ve tried three of their bath soaps and have been very impressed. My next bath soap order will include a jar of their unscented shave soap. Perhaps the version with bees wax. That’ll be new and different, won’t it?

I dig that sweet brush and extra shiny razor. Mmm-mm!

chazt

I have Stirling's unscented bees wax and just love it. It touches all of the bases for me.  I originally got it because I thought I might be allergic to Almond Oil (and still am not sure if I am but other Stirling soaps seem to be fine for me).  I believe that almond oil is used in all of their other soaps.  In any case I highly recommend the unscented bees was. Typical great Stirling performance and it might just be me but I believe the post shave might be slightly better with the bees wax.

0 30
 03-31-2018, 11:14 AM
User Info
I haven't tried Stirling in many years....back when they started I thought they weren't very good. 

Maybe I should revisit Stirling with some peach or almond .

0 39
 03-31-2018, 11:43 AM
  • johnz
  • Traverse City, MI
User Info
(03-31-2018, 11:14 AM)Imcnok Wrote: I haven't tried Stirling in many years....back when they started I thought they weren't very good. 

IMO, today, Stirling is outstanding and probably the best soaps and aftershaves on the market from a price/quality standpoint.  In addition they have a ton of scents and provide great service.  Again, just my opinion.

0 30
 03-31-2018, 01:29 PM
User Info
(03-31-2018, 11:43 AM)johnz Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 11:14 AM)Imcnok Wrote: I haven't tried Stirling in many years....back when they started I thought they weren't very good. 

IMO, today, Stirling is outstanding and probably the best soaps and aftershaves on the market from a price/quality standpoint.  In addition they have a ton of scents and provide great service.  Again, just my opinion.

I totally agree 100%. Awesome products. Awesome quality & ingredients. Awesome prices. Awesome selection. Simply a great company year after year and I hope they stay in Business doing what they do so well for a very long time to come!

Happy Shaving!
49erShaver

0 157
 03-31-2018, 01:31 PM
User Info
I think Stirling is overated soap. Sure its pretty cheap but the scents are so synthetic smelling. It works pretty good but there are better options out there for sure!

I had the pleasure meeting Rod and his wife at a shave meet up. He was talking smack about a few of his choice competitors. Not to me personally but I was standing right next to him and couldnt help but overhear him. Pretty classless.

0 27
 03-31-2018, 02:22 PM
  • johnz
  • Traverse City, MI
User Info
(03-31-2018, 01:31 PM)tubular Wrote: I think Stirling is overated soap. Sure its pretty cheap but the scents are so synthetic smelling. It works pretty good but there are better options out there for sure!

I had the pleasure meeting Rod and his wife at a shave meet up. He was talking smack about a few of his choice competitors. Not to me personally but I was standing right next to him and couldnt help but overhear him. Pretty classless.
tubular

It is certainly your prerogative to feel how you do about Stirling.  I even happen to agree that I have used better soaps but for much more $'s per ounce.   I have yet to try a soap as good as Stirling for the money and their service is awesome IMO.  I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  I hope you have a nice Easter.

0 30