09-02-2012, 04:40 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
For the readers out there I thought we could share what books were on the go a little bit about them maybe share some great reads

Right now I have a great book on the go called The Amnesiac by Sam Taylor about a man trying to find answers to some missing years in his life "like a murder mystery, with no murder", "part detective story, part haunting gothic... a journey into memory and amnesia... a woven masterpiece"

Really enjoying it.. started out a little off kilter... was very light hearted but quickly started taking you somewhere you never seen coming

Attached Files Image(s)

3 748
 09-02-2012, 05:01 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I am reading Walter Isaacsons biography of Steve Jobs right now.

116 3,804
 09-02-2012, 05:09 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
I hear it's a great read Dave how are you enjoying it

3 748
 09-02-2012, 05:16 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I'm enjoying it. I love all things Apple regardless and I was always fascinated by Steve Jobs. He was a remarkable man, a bit odd and eccentric but remarkable nonetheless.

116 3,804
 09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I am reading the last in the Inheritance series, titled the same, by Christopher Paolini . The first in this fantasy series, written for young adults, was Eragon and it was excellent. While this last book is okay, Mr. Paolini obviously dragged a fourth book out of what was originally intended as a trilogy.

2 11,211
 09-03-2012, 06:25 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I just finished reading Dance of Death by Preston and Child

They are my favorite mystery authors. They write a series of murder mysteries based on an eccentric FBI Agent Pendgrast. Who is like a modern day Sherlock Holmes. He is usually paired with a NYPD Detective D'Agosta.

Pendgrast, is originally form New Orleans, he comes from Adams like family. His bother is out to destroy him, by killing off his closet friends and framing Pendgrast for the murders.

Always a great read.

1 3,507