03-29-2018, 11:00 AM
User Info
(03-29-2018, 07:20 AM)Coyote Wrote: I will add Crowne & Crane and Henri et Victoria.

Just so happens, mailman delivered tomorrows soap today...... Badger
[Image: wpCKjqP.jpg]

0 800
 03-29-2018, 07:31 PM
User Info
Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations & Regiment Shave Soap are two that I like to use occasionally but I never see them mentioned in the forums

1 66
 03-29-2018, 07:32 PM
User Info
(03-29-2018, 07:20 AM)Coyote Wrote: I will add Crowne & Crane and Henri et Victoria.

+1

1 66
 07-12-2018, 09:17 AM
  • N8Julo43
  • Red Whisker Wrangler
  • Mizzou-RAH, USA
User Info
I would like to bring this thread back to the surface just to say, "Oh Tim's, I miss you so." I still have some Greek Peach and Ruby Red left in my cabinet, but I may personally match each container's emptiness when they are gone. Please, Tim! Greek Peach for the all time win!

Others worth noting that I don't see discussed as much any longer.
  • Soap Commander - Love the Gusto, Raspberry Lemonade
  • Tiki Bar Soaps - North Shore smells and performs very well

31 321
 07-12-2018, 10:03 AM
  • Niro884
  • Italian Shaving Enthusiast
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
(03-28-2018, 12:39 PM)nikos.a Wrote: Totally forgot about the I Coloniali. What a magnificent soap! I haven't used it for a while.

One of the best soaps ever made! I am safe guarding my stockpile with great care.

61 700
 07-12-2018, 11:34 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-12-2018, 10:03 AM)Niro884 Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 12:39 PM)nikos.a Wrote: Totally forgot about the I Coloniali. What a magnificent soap! I haven't used it for a while.

One of the best soaps ever made! I am safe guarding my stockpile with great care.
I used it today, by coincidence. That dark, chocolate, mint scent is lovely.

Sometimes I think that I should have bought a spare one back then, when they were still available, but still have so many other products that I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish that awesome soap.

New wet-shavers won't be able to enjoy it.[Image: d61b9e73059458db49e3bfda764f3548.jpg]

58 2,346
 07-12-2018, 04:59 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
You really do not hear anything about the Savon du Moulin Donkey Milk soap anymore. I still enjoy using it but do not reach for it all that often anymore and I am not sure why. I'll have to bring it out for tomorrow's shave.

48 19,979
 07-14-2018, 05:04 AM
  • joe j
  • South Florida
User Info
(07-12-2018, 04:59 PM)bullgoose Wrote: You really do not hear anything about the Savon du Moulin Donkey Milk soap anymore. I still enjoy using it but do not reach for it all that often anymore and I am not sure why. I'll have to bring it out for tomorrow's shave.

I second that Phil!Great soap,easy to lather and one of my favorite fragrances.I am also a big fan of MDC.The original is always in my rotation.Expensive? Yes but it lasts forever.

25 178
 07-14-2018, 12:03 PM
User Info
Sir Hare! BOOM, It's up there, but not much love from the masses..

0 414
 07-14-2018, 12:39 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist, a soap maker in London. His soaps were somewhat popular for awhile, but it's his creams that I love. I'm only aware of one other member who has mentioned them. They are only available from England, or a European vendor, and are excellent performing creams. 

Smooth Operator: very nice soaps from Greece. 

Lainess: another donkey milk soap from France. They make excellent soaps in collaboration with Le Père Lucien. I really enjoy them, but unfortunately the shipping cost from France is a fortune. 

As Phil mentioned, Savon du Moulin is still in my rotation and remains one of my favorite soaps. I also enjoy their other skin products. 

Creams in general aren't mentioned that much, although there are many excellent products: Esbjerg isn't mentioned as frequently as it should be, nor Alvarez Gomez, Tabula Rasa, and Al's Shaving Products. Unfortunately, Biotique is no longer being made. I hardly hear about Acqua Di Parma and Santa Maria Novella, either. Fitjar Islands creams (not their soaps) are very nice, and the newest formulation of Stone Cottage Soapworks creams are quickly becoming some of my favorites.

38 5,675
 07-14-2018, 01:25 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-14-2018, 12:39 PM)evnpar Wrote: The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist, a soap maker in London. His soaps were somewhat popular for awhile, but it's his creams that I love. I'm only aware of one other member who has mentioned them. They are only available from England, or a European vendor, and are excellent performing creams. 

Lainess: another donkey milk soap from France. They make excellent soaps in collaboration with Le Père Lucien. I really enjoy them, but unfortunately the shipping cost from France is a fortune. 

As Phil mentioned, Savon du Moulin is still in my rotation and remains one of my favorite soaps. I also enjoy their other skin products. 

Creams in general aren't mentioned that much, although there are many excellent products: Esbjerg isn't mentioned as frequently as it should be, nor Alvarez Gomez, Tabula Rasa, and Al's Shaving Products. Unfortunately, Biotique is no longer being made. I hardly hear about Acqua Di Parma and Santa Maria Novella, either. Fitjar Islands creams (not their soaps) are very nice, and the newest formulation of Stone Cottage Soapworks creams are quickly becoming some of my favorites.
Richard, I'm afraid that Ana, the maker of Smooth Operator, stopped making them. That's unfortunate, because they are top performing products. They were inexpensive too, so that everyone could buy them.

58 2,346
 07-14-2018, 01:33 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(07-14-2018, 12:39 PM)evnpar Wrote: The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist, a soap maker in London. His soaps were somewhat popular for awhile, but it's his creams that I love. I'm only aware of one other member who has mentioned them. They are only available from England, or a European vendor, and are excellent performing creams. 

I agree with your comments regarding creams. Baume.be is another that seems to be neglected, and Stone Cottage should get more mentions as well. Hemingway makes a very nice cream but, given its high price, I'm not surprised it doesn't get more mention.

10 560
 07-15-2018, 07:44 AM
User Info
Mike’s Natural Soaps! The classic which is still stellar!

3 225
 07-15-2018, 10:33 AM
User Info
Other then what has already been mentioned, I would add:

Mason Boutique - I really like their Octane Shave Soap but I understand they are no longer making soaps.
Lush Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Smoothie - Although not a soap and it does not lather, this stuff is great for the face if you like to explore different options
Godrej Shaving Round Soap - A great little budget performer that doesn't seem to get the same love as Arko or Williams
RazoRock The Dead Sea Shaving Soap - A higher quality RR offering that has a great scent
Shannons Soaps LTD Forest City Fern Rust Belt Reserve Shaving Soap - Don't see them much on the SOTD, etc. but a great offering.
The Holy Black Caswell-Massey Regents Shaving Soap Collaboration - Too expensive and a limited run, but a really great scent and package
Through The Fire Fine Craft Neroli Soleil Shave Soap - This was a limited run and out of production, but a really nice manly soap.
Ballenclaugh Soaps Hot Barrel Rose Shaving Soap - I received a sample and the scent is very robust and the performance was top notch.  They have limited offerings though.
Barrister and Mann Diamond Shaving Soap - Just a great unique scent from a quality artisan.  Really brings out the memories of summer for me
L&L Grooming Mayflower Shave Soap (now Declaration Grooming) - I really liked this scent, especially with the AS, but they told me that it did not sell that quick Sad

Steve

0 997
 07-15-2018, 10:39 AM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(07-15-2018, 10:33 AM)Smooth Steve Wrote: Other then what has already been mentioned, I would add:

Mason Boutique - I really like their Octane Shave Soap but I understand they are no longer making soaps.
Lush Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Smoothie - Although not a soap and it does not lather, this stuff is great for the face if you like to explore different options
Godrej Shaving Round Soap - A great little budget performer that doesn't seem to get the same love as Arko or Williams
RazoRock The Dead Sea Shaving Soap - A higher quality RR offering that has a great scent
Shannons Soaps LTD Forest City Fern Rust Belt Reserve Shaving Soap - Don't see them much on the SOTD, etc. but a great offering.
The Holy Black Caswell-Massey Regents Shaving Soap Collaboration - Too expensive and a limited run, but a really great scent and package
Through The Fire Fine Craft Neroli Soleil Shave Soap - This was a limited run and out of production, but a really nice manly soap.
Ballenclaugh Soaps Hot Barrel Rose Shaving Soap - I received a sample and the scent is very robust and the performance was top notch.  They have limited offerings though.
Barrister and Mann Diamond Shaving Soap - Just a great unique scent from a quality artisan.  Really brings out the memories of summer for me
L&L Grooming Mayflower Shave Soap (now Declaration Grooming) - I really liked this scent, especially with the AS, but they told me that it did not sell that quick Sad

Steve

That's too bad about L&L (Declaration) Mayflower. It's one of my favorite soap scents. And Declaration is my best performing soap.

10 560
 07-15-2018, 05:51 PM
User Info
Acqua di Parma, the best use of menthol in a beautifully scented , great performing soap. I use this exclusively everyday and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

83 1,715
 08-03-2018, 07:07 PM
User Info
(07-15-2018, 05:51 PM)ultra~nova Wrote: Acqua di Parma, the best use of menthol in a beautifully scented , great performing soap. I use this exclusively everyday and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I've never seen an AdP soap before. Is it Colonia?

6 1,005
 08-04-2018, 02:51 AM
User Info
I dearly miss Fiori e Frutta.

And Limes by GFT in a wooden bowl!

0 689
 08-04-2018, 05:42 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(07-15-2018, 10:33 AM)Smooth Steve Wrote: Other then what has already been mentioned, I would add:

Steve

agree completely!

10 3,121
 08-07-2018, 05:00 PM
User Info
Icolonaili and Irish Moos

8 166