06-25-2018, 09:50 AM
User Info
I find this best. Load brush with soap and lather hard on side of my face. Then paint the lather on your face, repeating face lather again, and keep painting it on rest of face. Rich creamy lather for several passes. I scrape the lather off the brush on my chin. I have sensitive skin but this method does nothing but good for my face.

0 63
 07-01-2018, 09:39 PM
  • Vlasta
  • Hong Kong
User Info
I read recently that swirling the brush around in a circular motion can damage the bristles.... so I started to paint now for most of the time.

0 22
 07-02-2018, 01:53 AM
User Info
(07-01-2018, 09:39 PM)Vlasta Wrote: I read recently that swirling the brush around in a circular motion can damage the bristles.... so I started to paint now for most of the time.

That's correct ONLY when you swirl and press down very hard.  And after doing both for extended period of time, not right the way.  Otherwise, no problem.  Many are doing it (the normal way) all the time, me included Smile

0 5
 07-02-2018, 05:50 AM
  • Vlasta
  • Hong Kong
User Info
(07-02-2018, 01:53 AM)Martini Wrote:
(07-01-2018, 09:39 PM)Vlasta Wrote: I read recently that swirling the brush around in a circular motion can damage the bristles.... so I started to paint now for most of the time.

That's correct ONLY when you swirl and press down very hard.  And after doing both for extended period of time, not right the way.  Otherwise, no problem.  Many are doing it (the normal way) all the time, me included Smile

Not saying you can't - just that the advice I read in this article from 35 years ago in the NYT, says it can damage the brush. The advice came from a Simpsons expert. Here is the article and here is the excerpt.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/01/07/style...brush.html

"But, says Stan Archer, the works manager of Simpson, a good shaving brush will last 15 to 20 years if cared for properly. It should always be rinsed thoroughly after use and all excess moisture shaken off. The most common fault among shavers is that they tend to lather up with a circular motion of the brush, Mr. Archer says. ''Nothing will spoil a good brush faster. You're twisting the hairs against themselves. You should always use straight up-and-down strokes - in the shaving bowl and on your face - and don't apply too much pressure.''

0 22