03-30-2018, 11:19 AM
User Info
Who has tried the new "Rain" soap from Sudsy Soapery?

I have sworn off of buying soap for a while, since I have taken to minimalism, but I find the scent and ingredients to be very intriguing, so the temptation to buy a jar is creeping up on me. 

Moderator Note:  "Cut and Paste" of a section from website not affiliated with TSN deleted.

4 219
 03-30-2018, 06:41 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Just finished my first shave with the new SS RAIN. 

Impressed... 

Mightily impressed...

Though the scent was not my favorite (my benchmark here is Delor de Treget)  out of the tub, it began growing on me during the shave. It also paired very nicely with the timeless Alt Innsbruck. The soap lathers like crazy and the lather is dense, slick, refreshing, and protective. The post shave feel in my opinion is a step up from previous SS base composition and is one of the best I have experienced so far. It is almost as good as the post shave feel delivered by Talbot 2.0.

119 1,737
 04-01-2018, 06:59 AM
User Info
(03-30-2018, 06:41 PM)ARGH Wrote: Though the scent was not my favorite (my benchmark here is Delor de Treget)  out of the tub, it began growing on me during the shave. It also paired very nicely with the timeless Alt Innsbruck.

Thanks for sharing. Does the scent smell like fresh rain, as intended? I'm not sure how melon, fir, jasmine, tea tree, and floral add up to that vibe, but the combination sounds interesting, nonetheless.

Also, any issues with brush staining from the blue color of the soap?

4 219
 04-01-2018, 07:11 AM
User Info
It is a very light, mild scent.  I would say the melon is the strongest component, but it smells fresh and clean.  I have only used it once and I have found that some soaps gain some scent strength with a few uses, so I generally like to use them a few times before making definitive judgements - especially with unique formulations I have not tried before.  The performance seemed excellent with absolutely no concerns.  The blue color was not an issue with the brush.  It pretty much lathered white with a very slight bluish tint, but nothing to be concerned about.  The girls in the house liked the scent of the balm AS.  Overall I enjoyed this bundle quite a bit but I do wish the scent was stronger and not as mild.  Keep in mind, like I said, I used it only once, and I generally like to reserve comments until after a few uses.
Steve

0 993
 04-01-2018, 07:55 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Agree on that the melon has the strongest (sweet) presence. I would not say that the soap smells like rain, but the scent is certainly clean and refreshing. I also did not notice any staining.

119 1,737
 04-02-2018, 11:50 AM
  • johnz
  • Traverse City, MI
User Info
(03-30-2018, 11:19 AM)TropicalHotDog Wrote: Who has tried the new "Rain" soap from Sudsy Soapery?

I have sworn off of buying soap for a while, since I have taken to minimalism, but I find the scent and ingredients to be very intriguing, so the temptation to buy a jar is creeping up on me. 

Moderator Note:  "Cut and Paste" of a section from website not affiliated with TSN deleted.

Haven't tried "Rain"  but have a couple of other soaps from Sudsy Soapery and they perform wonderfully.  In fact one of my top 3 soaps (along with Mike's and B & M) the soap has 3 butters and feels very rich.  It touches all of the bases.  But I'm like you, I swore off new soaps for the rest of 2018.

0 30