If anyone has one they'd like to sell hit me up.  I pay above retail.  lol

49 1,006
 05-02-2018, 12:02 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
(04-05-2018, 10:14 AM)vinnychampionmd Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 09:42 AM)Tidepool Wrote:
(03-31-2018, 04:31 PM)German Wrote: I had several Wiborg brushes. I thought his best knots were the White Badger labeled brushes in ebony handles. Those were excellent knots. So are Elite Manchurian knots and shavemac 2 Band Silvertip and some Paladin batches.

They were sold for $180 to $240 and worth that money. Current prices are just a reflection of non availability.

As others said Rooney Finest and Heritage - and I would add Simpson  2 Band of 2011-13 - are the only brushes worth top dollars- for me.

I have 4 Wiborg's and 7 Shavemac's.  One of the reasons why the price is so high is not necessarily supply and demand as much as the terrible conversation rate between the Dollar and the Euro.  All 11 of these brushes are 2 band silvertip fan shape.  Most of them are 26mm and 28mm.  I follow the Euro and have been using a bench mark of 168€ which converted a few years ago to $179.  Today the conversation is approximately $206 and has been as high as $211.  That is $27 to $32 more for the same brush today  The next time I order from Wiborg I may purchase 5 of them which at todays conversation would add $135 to $160 to my price.  I will wait.

That may add a small bit to the price but we are not talking $30-40 here. We are talking unable to get one for less than $500. Jut from personal experience, I have only be able to purchase at significantly marked up second hand prices. I would love to purchase directly but have never been able to get in touch with Mr. Arnold despite numerous emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I think is insane is the dollar amounts some of these brushes sell for! I am thankful that I belong to a shave community which respects fair trades, else I'd never have been able to even try a Wiborg let alone 2!

Ultimately, (& purely IMO), these 2 Wiborgs I tried were simply too dense. I loved the softness of the tips, but the density is what ultimately drove me away.

I'll stick to acquiring them as trade fodder, but I won't be keeping any Wiborgs in my den. I prefer Paladin, Declaration, M&F, Saponificio Varesino, and Rooney Heritage Super 2-band.

I love the way the Wiborgs look...I mean who doesn't love German Script and Coats of Arms?!? But looks alone don't work well for me... I want to like using the brushes I own, so I've given up on them and let the likes of EricM, and VinnyChampionMD collect them all, haha!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

82 1,614
 05-02-2018, 02:48 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(04-19-2018, 10:53 AM)apogee. Wrote: Thanks for your kind comment, but it isn't a brush that makes a man happy

Here the other white badger:

[Image: f91c95f4b6ca8b2698da8f48b5f767a4.jpg]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

"It is while he's shaving!" he exclaimed.

8 2,446
 05-02-2018, 03:45 AM
User Info
(05-02-2018, 12:02 AM)Crag Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 10:14 AM)vinnychampionmd Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 09:42 AM)Tidepool Wrote: I have 4 Wiborg's and 7 Shavemac's.  One of the reasons why the price is so high is not necessarily supply and demand as much as the terrible conversation rate between the Dollar and the Euro.  All 11 of these brushes are 2 band silvertip fan shape.  Most of them are 26mm and 28mm.  I follow the Euro and have been using a bench mark of 168€ which converted a few years ago to $179.  Today the conversation is approximately $206 and has been as high as $211.  That is $27 to $32 more for the same brush today  The next time I order from Wiborg I may purchase 5 of them which at todays conversation would add $135 to $160 to my price.  I will wait.

That may add a small bit to the price but we are not talking $30-40 here. We are talking unable to get one for less than $500. Jut from personal experience, I have only be able to purchase at significantly marked up second hand prices. I would love to purchase directly but have never been able to get in touch with Mr. Arnold despite numerous emails.

What I think is insane is the dollar amounts some of these brushes sell for! I am thankful that I belong to a shave community which respects fair trades, else I'd never have been able to even try a Wiborg let alone 2!

Ultimately, (& purely IMO), these 2 Wiborgs I tried were simply too dense. I loved the softness of the tips, but the density is what ultimately drove me away.

I'll stick to acquiring them as trade fodder, but I won't be keeping any Wiborgs in my den. I prefer Paladin, Declaration, M&F, Saponificio Varesino, and Rooney Heritage Super 2-band.

I love the way the Wiborgs look...I mean who doesn't love German Script and Coats of Arms?!? But looks alone don't work well for me... I want to like using the brushes I own, so I've given up on them and let the likes of EricM, and VinnyChampionMD collect them all, haha!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Best response yet!

0 99
 05-17-2018, 05:18 PM
User Info
now I would love to have a game of thrones brush maybe signed by Breanne Tarth.

77 1,385