04-03-2018, 05:01 AM
User Info
Has anyone tried this new razor? It takes injector blades. I am interested in opinions and experience.

1 48
 04-03-2018, 06:56 AM
User Info
I'll be interested to read what others think after trying this razor.  I really like Schick injector blades in the right razor.  If the geometry of the razor is right, the blade will do its job.  I'm assuming (but don't know) that the Mini-Goose geometry is the same as that of the Mongoose, which works really well for me with the right AC blade.  The photos on the Maggard website, though, make it look as though the head is satin-finished and the handle polished.  That sort of mismatch seems aesthetically unfortunate, and the price ($165) seems high compared to that of other injectors.  I'm looking forward to hearing what others think.

19 309
 04-03-2018, 07:43 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
We have had a design for a mini Rx for years but have not pursued it as it would cost just as much as the regular Rx. Our fear is that an injector razor simply will not sell at that price. Now I guess we can sit back and see.

48 20,077
 04-03-2018, 07:50 AM
User Info
It'll be really interesting to see how the market reacts Smile

3 5,829
 04-03-2018, 08:02 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
The main problem with the injector razors is the lack of blade choices. You basically have only two blades to choose from, the Schick, which is known as Chick, and the Personna made by Ted Pella.

At least when you buy a AC type razor you have quite of few choices to find the one that suits you the best.

And you have a lot more if you shave with a DE.

58 2,346
 04-03-2018, 09:08 AM
User Info
(04-03-2018, 08:02 AM)nikos.a Wrote: The main problem with the injector razors is the lack of blade choices. You basically have only two blades to choose from, the Schick, which is known as Chick, and the Personna made by Ted Pella.

At least when you buy a AC type razor you have quite of few choices to find the one that suits you the best.

And you have a lot more if you shave with a DE.
Japanese Schick blades as well, including Twins and Proline. In addition, with razors which can be easily hand loaded no reason you can't trim to fit any AC blade you like, I do it all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2 363
 04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
User Info
Would love to hear some reviews

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

29 844
 04-03-2018, 05:38 PM
User Info
I got one.

Tried to put a vintage Gillette injector blade in it first. The Plus Platinum. Wouldn't go. It's got different holes than other injector blades.

I've been using it for a few days with a vintage Japanese Schick barber blade. It shaves well. Took a couple shaves for the blade to smooth out which I think is normal. 

All in all it's nice but I didn't appreciate the handle. Nothing wrong with it really. I just prefer longer handles. Buying it with the handle is the only option at the moment. 

It's not going to kick all the other razors out of my den. It's nice. Been wanting a stainless injector that I can use with all the different handles I have. I have a Supply Injector razor. V1. The mini goose shaves better for me. 

It has a wide range of effective shaving angles but overall shaves just about medium aggressive I think. Which is better than the Supply Injector on the three dots plate to me. That and having the versatility of just about any handle makes me happy. The price is really high though. It has the same kind of finish and look to my eye as the stainless Rockwell. Nice but nothing else. Very much functional and the one I got is very precisely fit together. Like I stopped to marvel at how well it fits together with and without the blade. 

FoMO made me buy it. The price is really high for me considering. It was definitely a "want" buy for me. It works well. Like the Feather AS-D2 though, the finish just does not quite match any handle I have at all.

11 1,619
 04-05-2018, 08:36 AM
User Info
(04-03-2018, 07:43 AM)bullgoose Wrote: We have had a design for a mini Rx for years but have not pursued it as it would cost just as much as the regular Rx. Our fear is that an injector razor simply will not sell at that price. Now I guess we can sit back and see.

Is the design such that it performs just like the Mongoose except narrower? With the Schick Proline B-20 this could be a good option.

1 48