04-05-2018, 12:01 PM
User Info
Found some DE razor packs & blades from a dollar store and bought a few for a a full whole $1 apiece. Passed some out on another forum for a razor shave off and just to see how their experiences will go. 

I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the shaves so far. 3 shaves in and not a bad shave yet. It's been pretty fun quite honestly. What has it proved? That a fine shave can be had for a $buck equal to some higher priced razors. Granted, won't last a lifetime. Hell, I'd be happy if it lasts a month. For a $1 can't complain much....[Image: CJ7l4xR.jpg]
[Image: iPGAFDY.jpg]

1 224
 04-06-2018, 09:18 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I think that is blasphemy to have such a quality shave for so little.....what is wrong with you man.....you must take a loan and then thousands to feel that way...should be ashamed....(hahahahahahaha)

6 2,094
 04-07-2018, 10:25 AM
User Info
(04-06-2018, 09:18 AM)Harvey Wrote: I think that is blasphemy to have such a quality shave for so little.....what is wrong with you man.....you must take a loan and then thousands to feel that way...should be ashamed....(hahahahahahaha)
LOL!
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one. It actually has given me 5 days of great shaves. I don't know what to tell you. If there is a weak link it's the razors use of economical metal and a so-so blade. But the TTO mechanism holds the blade firmly enough and just a bit of fiddling to align the blade and it's done. And, this is not a mild razor. More blade feel and sound than a Rockwell 6s on plate R6, though definitely not as smooth. With sound technique a DFS to BBS shave can be had fairly comfortably.
[Image: 5UVb4qb.jpg]

[Image: DaJrOVd.jpg]

1 224
 04-11-2018, 07:01 AM
User Info
7 shaves in with this $1 razor and they have been very good. The last shave I tried it with a Derby Premium and it was an exceptional shave. Felt smoother and easier through each pass.

Down side? The razor is already starting to exhibit oxidation right where the handle and base plate meet. So, not the best materials used, quality control is a little off, but for a $1 it has surpassed my expectations. I'm going to try and ride it out as long as I can before the rust renders it useless or it falls apart. Tried keeping it as dry as possibe but it was not to be. I grabbed a toothpick and put a couple dabs of vaseline in that area and see if it keeps it from spreading for a bit. At least to finish the month out with it. We'll see....
[Image: NcEnqLN.jpg]
[Image: iNCRUI3.jpg]
[Image: CfwxafV.jpg]
[Image: otcjvOp.jpg]
[Image: whYAVXZ.jpg]

1 224
 04-11-2018, 07:54 AM
User Info
You got your one dollar worth  Biggrin

44 719