04-06-2018, 09:30 AM
User Info
I used my Proraso Wood and Spice for today's shave. This stuff is great. Before this Single Blade line came out I haven't used a cream in a few years. I always preferred a puck.  Now I have been using this cream more than I ever did before. About half of my shaves. It is a real pleasure to use. Anyone who has not tried it yet owes it to yourself to do so. You won't be sorry. 

[Image: qGkluFB.jpg]

5 1,935
 04-06-2018, 10:26 AM
User Info
I wish it was available in a smaller tube.

60 10,490
 04-06-2018, 11:02 AM
User Info
Yeah, it's a good deal for the price, but it'd be nice to have smaller tubes for variety. I'd like to sample the Azur Lime and the Cypres Vetiver, but buying 9.5 oz of each in my already overcrowded soap drawer wouldn't be good. Smile

10 127
 04-06-2018, 11:07 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've never been a Proraso fan, but their Single Blade creams exceeded my expectations. I find these creams to be outstanding in terms of cushion, slickness, and post shave feel, and as good as any higher priced and highly rated creams. I ordered smaller tubes of each scent from a company in Greece, for about $6 each and a fairly small shipping charge, although it took about three weeks for them to arrive. However, had I known that I would enjoy using them this much, I would have purchased the 275 ml IV bags.

39 6,294
 04-06-2018, 11:07 AM
User Info
Does it have menthol?

0 2,594
 04-06-2018, 11:09 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Just got one on ebay for 18.35 with free shipping. They are also showing smaller ones and yes there is a menthol one

109 1,283
 04-06-2018, 11:11 AM
User Info
I saw it, thought about buying it..... Undecided
But, I couldn't figure out how to store it.... Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100
Is it a tough/strong bag/tube? Is it like a toothpaste tube ?

1 1,073
 04-06-2018, 11:19 AM
User Info
(04-06-2018, 10:26 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I wish it was available in a smaller tube.
Signs011

82 6,299
 04-06-2018, 04:51 PM
User Info
(04-06-2018, 11:11 AM)zipper Wrote: I saw it, thought about buying it..... Undecided
But, I couldn't figure out how to store it.... Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100
Is it a tough/strong bag/tube? Is it like a toothpaste tube ?

It is in a tough bag. Should not be a problem. Just lay it or lean it anywhere.
The Cypress & Vetyver is the only one of the 3 that does not have menthol.

5 1,935
 04-07-2018, 04:13 AM
  • Nero
User Info
(04-06-2018, 10:26 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I wish it was available in a smaller tube.
I recently saw that they did just start offering it in the regular size tibe... Can't remember where online, at the moment.

98 4,104
 04-07-2018, 06:42 AM
User Info
(04-07-2018, 04:13 AM)Nero Wrote:
I recently saw that they did just start offering it in the regular size tibe... Can't remember where online, at the moment.

Thanks Matt.  I'll look for that.

60 10,490
 08-13-2019, 01:23 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
These days, I'm enjoying my new Proraso Single Blade Azur Lime.
Also thanks to this good Italian product, in the end the Slant Project into ilRasoio community was a success.
[Image: azIDmOtt.jpg][Image: 8FpQ3C8t.jpg][Image: bnaRWKIt.jpg]

The matrix is soft and velvety, even more than the already very valid Proraso tubes.
Of an embarrassing ease to foam, even if richer and therefore requires a little more work.
Perhaps it pays slightly in the less generous yield, but the fragrance and above all the lubrication compensate abundantly.

However still an economic product with a valid q/p ratio.
Fragrance is the most obvious strength.
Although for me lubrication is the real architrave of this project.

Having the good fortune of being able to also associate the aftershave balm, the olfactory factor becomes very interesting.
In fact the cream is rich, but not very durable and with a less wide bouquet. Obviously.
With the continuity in support, the enjoyment is definitely more full-bodied.
In fact I believe I will try the lotion (colonia) to further complete this combination.

The difficult part arrives now, and in a very small part disappointing: the olfactory pyramid.
Certainly the citrus fruits are the supporting note, with a more shy orange than the lemon.
With the warmth of the skin the notes widen and the mint leaves slightly, a little more the juniper.
Which gives a particular freshness but without those cloying features of some products in the bridge's tire style.
Especially because the juniper is dry, clean, with light metallic lines ... to go well together and give balance.
The musk (NOT musk deer) is very light in the background to harmonize in a muffled embrace.
Woods and Patchouli in practice not received ... fortunately for me, since I don't always appreciate them and therefore I am lucky and happy.

Surely, a complexity of another dimension compared to the (much) simpler tubes of the Classic line.
Surely, a tip is to snort before buying.
Surely, if you like the fragrance the synergy with the balm and even more with the lotion is a gem ... better if combined !!!

0 2,256