04-18-2018, 05:44 AM
User Info
Who's heard of this, and what was your experience with it?  There was a delay in the delivery of my Wizamet Iridium Supers, so the seller was kind enough to throw in a Wizamet PolSilver Stainless, a tuck of Gillette Platinum, and one Gillette Bleu Extra.

So, not having heard of this last particular iteration, I decided to load it into my Merkur 34c and shaved with it this morning.  I was a bit rushed and had shaved last night with the third and last use of a Feather blade, so I only did two passes (WtG and AtG) using Gillette shaving gel in a can.  I wasn't impressed with the gel, having gotten spoiled for real soaps and lathering creams, but the shave itself was good.  Nice and close, smooth, and no irritation.

[Image: rasage8.jpg]

0 109
 04-18-2018, 07:09 AM
User Info
French for..........

[Image: gillette-silver-blue-razor-blades-5-pack-popout.png]
I think.... Wink

0 516
 04-18-2018, 07:51 AM
User Info
(04-18-2018, 07:09 AM)zipper Wrote: French for..........

[Image: gillette-silver-blue-razor-blades-5-pack-popout.png]
I think.... Wink
Huh.  Interesting.  Smile

0 109
 04-18-2018, 10:33 AM
User Info
They are highly regarded at this side of the puddle and highly sought after since they are only sold, AFAIK, in France. I don't think they are the Silver Blues with a different wrapping because they are way cheaper, it wouldn't make sense. To me, the Silver Blues are the top of the line within Gillette's range, these Bleues are excellent blades, but with a different market positioning. 
I haven't still tried them but intend to do it soon. Spanish wet shavers who live close to the border with France stock pile on them when they visit our northern neighbour, and one of our online sellers offer them, so I'll give them a try. I haven't read a bad opinion yet. Smooth and sharp enough to deal with the coarsest beard, yet affordable.

0 195
 04-19-2018, 05:37 AM
User Info
(04-18-2018, 10:33 AM)RamonCaratejon Wrote: They are highly regarded at this side of the puddle and highly sought after since they are only sold, AFAIK, in France. I don't think they are the Silver Blues with a different wrapping because they are way cheaper, it wouldn't make sense. To me, the Silver Blues are the top of the line within Gillette's range, these Bleues are excellent blades, but with a different market positioning. 
I haven't still tried them but intend to do it soon. Spanish wet shavers who live close to the border with France stock pile on them when they visit our northern neighbour, and one of our online sellers offer them, so I'll give them a try. I haven't read a bad opinion yet. Smooth and sharp enough to deal with the coarsest beard, yet affordable.

Yeah, I did a little research and it does seem to be either French-made for Gillette or marketed in France.  I've also noted that there are subtle differences between the Silver Blues and this brand.  I shaved with it for the second time last night.  Nice, close shave with no nicks or irritation, unlike with the two Feathers I tried that were perhaps too sharp and unforgiving for my face to handle.

0 109
 04-19-2018, 06:13 AM
User Info
Are the French Bleue Extras made in the same Gillette St. Petersburg plant that makes the Gillette Silver Blues?  Or does Gillette maintain a blade manufacturing facility in France?

12 257
 04-19-2018, 07:46 AM
User Info
(04-19-2018, 06:13 AM)BrickHud Wrote: Are the French Bleue Extras made in the same Gillette St. Petersburg plant that makes the Gillette Silver Blues?  Or does Gillette maintain a blade manufacturing facility in France?

That I don't know.  I was only sent a single blade, not a whole tuck in the box.  It seems that, as with many of the blade brands bought out by Gillette, production was originally in France but moved to Russia once it came under Gillette's ownership.  I saw a tuck on the 'bay being sold for twenty-five dollars and advertised as being the pre-move version in the plastic casing.  Unfortunately, I've no way of knowing which version I got with my Wizamet Iridium Super tucks.  I'll see if I can scan the blade wrappers I kept so people can see what I've been shaving with.  I'm most impressed with the Gillette blades, though Voskhod, Personna Lab Blue, Treet Carbon Steel, and Rapira Super Stainless and Platinum Lux also gave decent results.

0 109
 04-19-2018, 08:17 AM
User Info
(04-19-2018, 05:37 AM)Michael_W Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 10:33 AM)RamonCaratejon Wrote: They are highly regarded at this side of the puddle and highly sought after since they are only sold, AFAIK, in France. I don't think they are the Silver Blues with a different wrapping because they are way cheaper, it wouldn't make sense. To me, the Silver Blues are the top of the line within Gillette's range, these Bleues are excellent blades, but with a different market positioning. 

Yeah, I did a little research and it does seem to be either French-made for Gillette or marketed in France.  I've also noted that there are subtle differences between the Silver Blues and this brand.  I shaved with it for the second time last night.  Nice, close shave with no nicks or irritation, unlike with the two Feathers I tried that were perhaps too sharp and unforgiving for my face to handle.

I don't think the Feather is TOO sharp, if you put it in the Feather AS-D2 razor. now the butterfly Feather is a different razor. It's more aggressive than the AS-D2. IMHO.
I think you would find the ROCKWELL 6s/6c with a Feather blade to be a great shave for you too. I  have sensitive skin too.... Thumbsup
Some blades work better in certain razors. My Rockwell 6s has been great with every blade I have used, that's 20+ brands to date.

0 516
 04-19-2018, 11:53 AM
User Info
The Bleues are made in Russia, at least the packaging says so.
Imo they are NOT identical with silver blues.

The Bleues are pretty sharp, but less aggressive than Feathers.
I like them best in the Rocnel Elite razor, better than with the Feathers it was designed with.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 122
 04-27-2018, 01:10 PM
User Info
PS: do not begin to like Gillette bleue extras.
They are beginning to get scarce even in France.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 122
 05-02-2018, 01:42 PM
User Info
Have used the French made Bleue Extra blades on numerous occasions.

They are very sharp and smooth. Longevity is standout as I can get around 20 shaves before replacing.

Very similar, if not identical, to the French made Gillette Nacet.

0 119
 06-16-2018, 01:50 AM
User Info
The original Gillette Bleue Extra produced in Annecy were very nice smooth blades, somewhat different from the newer Russian variant which I think is the one you showed.  I have a very large stash of them but I may someday have to divest myself of a few as I truly have more blades than I could shave with in my lifetime.

7 85
 06-30-2018, 06:37 AM
User Info
I recently picked up a couple of tucks in Paris, while on holiday.... OMG,  these have become my favourite blade... so, if anyone wants to liberate some to a new, very loving, and caring owner... I'm just a PM away...  Wink

0 397
 06-30-2018, 08:56 AM
User Info
I would love to try them, but at the prices they are selling for....I think I will go the cheaper route.
I heard of a Japanese sword maker, making San Mai DE blades cheaper.... Winky

0 516