04-18-2018, 05:57 AM
User Info
What is the scent profile of these two soaps.

3 73
 04-18-2018, 12:13 PM
User Info
"Gea" (I guess that's what you mean Wink ) resembles Jean Paul Gaultier's "Le Male" cologne. Vanilla, cardamom, lavender and a slight touch of mint. It's a dense scent. I personally like it a lot but wouldn't use it out of winter time. I can smell the vanilla, lavender and cardamom, not so much of the mint.

"Brisa de Oriente" is an spicy oriental. Myrrh, cardamom, vanilla and clove are the scent profiles. Again, not to be used, IMHO, during hot weather. I prefer Gea over Brisa de Oriente, but remember that Gea is only available in the old Premium formula, which is non-tallow based. It is, nonetheless, an outstanding soap that won't disappoint anybody.

All in all, both scents are cousins. The biggest difference is the clove in Brisa de Oriente, which I happen to be not so fond of. Gea is more like a cologne type scent, elegant and manly, and Brisa de Oriente is more of a complex, spicy and exotic scent.

0 198
 04-18-2018, 12:17 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(04-18-2018, 12:13 PM)RamonCaratejon Wrote: "Gea" (I guess that's what you mean Wink ) resembles Jean Paul Gaultier's "Le Male" cologne. Vanilla, cardamom, lavender and a slight touch of mint. It's a dense scent. I personally like it a lot but wouldn't use it out of winter time. I can smell the vanilla, lavender and cardamom, not so much of the mint.

"Brisa de Oriente" is an spicy oriental. Myrrh, cardamom, vanilla and clove are the scent profiles. Again, not to be used, IMHO, during hot weather. I prefer Gea over Brisa de Oriente, but remember that Gea is only available in the old Premium formula, which is non-tallow based. It is, nonetheless, an outstanding soap that won't disappoint anybody.

All in all, both scents are cousins. The biggest difference is the clove in Brisa de Oriente, which I happen to be not so fond of. Gea is more like a cologne type scent, elegant and manly, and Brisa de Oriente is more of a complex, spicy and exotic scent.

Thanks for the nice description. I enjoy them both, as well as most of Manuel's scents. I know what I like, but am usually clueless as to the scent description.

38 5,620
 04-18-2018, 12:24 PM
User Info
Nice descriptions Ramon! Brisa de Oriente is my favorite of the two, the Gea being a touch to powdery for my taste.

0 127
 04-18-2018, 01:31 PM
User Info
Buy them, they are at a really great price. Gea is a little controversial.

9 1,443