06-30-2018, 03:15 AM
User Info
(04-21-2018, 11:30 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 05:59 PM)KRpdx Wrote: After doing some reading about MW ("finicky" for some) and watching a couple of lathering technique videos, I used a 24mm Shave Revolution synthetic, starting just damp, loading for about 35 seconds, and very gradually adding our Pacific NW soft water as I face lathered.

I shave with the very same city water from the Bull Run watershed from the west slopes of Mt. Hood.  (We live halfway up the hill between Portland State and Council Crest.)  Mystic Water is at the top rank of my small collection of shaving soaps; I use it a lot.  

With all due respect, I think that you are over-thinking your technique.  I have bought Michelle's shaving soaps in the “refill” configuration and pressed the puck into a Duralex “Lys” 3.5 inch stackable glass bowl (available — cheap — at the Ace Hardware at NW 16th & Glisan).  I pour a couple tablespoons of very hot (120˚ F.) water atop the Mystic Water puck before I get into the shower, and, when I come out of the shower, I decant the "bloom water" into a pre-warmed scuttle, and attack the liquid in the scuttle with an until-then dry Semogue 2-band badger brush.  Works a treat every time.
Well said. I am a tried and true "Bloomer" (on the receiving end of negative comments from many nay-sayers). I am even the President of S.B.O.A on another forum.  Wink

48 4,678