09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
User Info
After much effort, I have finally gotten my wife to enjoy using KMF cream for her shaving needs. She uses it brushless now, but I'm betting that if she had a "cute" feminine brush she would enjoy using it too! Especially if I made it for her!

So please help me brainstorm how to put this together for her. I'd like opinions on:

Knot size and type - i.e. 30mm Finest or 22mm Silvertip
Handle size and general shape - i.e. long and curvy or short and ergonomical
Ways to make it "cute" - i.e. blingy crystals and/or girly paint

I'm looking to get the individual pieces and assemble it myself. Basically a handle, knot and decorative elements. That's about the extent of my skills Biggrin

Can't wait to see what everyone thinks! Maybe this thread will inspire other guys to do the same for their ladies too. Thanks all!

4 253
 09-03-2012, 06:21 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
if its for your wife,.. the softest hairs and a large loft and knot would be best 30 plus with a 54 loft perhaps,... or at least thats what i would think,...

also is its for her legs you may want a longer handle if you could for better reach and the oddball angles we dont hold the brush at

3 748
 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Handle : Rooney 3/1 pink

Hair : 22 mm silvertip (silvertip A or selected silvertip)

Her name on the brush.

86 7,124
 09-03-2012, 06:34 PM
User Info
I've never seen that Teiste! Do you have a recommendation where I'd find that? I still like the custom made idea first, but if there's somewhere that has/does the Rooney, it's a neat option

4 253
 09-03-2012, 06:47 PM
User Info
Hi John, I'm in the process of working with an artisan for this exact same thing. Here is what my wife has decided on...

Knot: 24mm Finest XH from TGN, haven't decided loft yet, she likes a scrubbier brush. Remember that legs aren't as sensitive as faces are.

Handle: This is where she really wanted it girly so we looked at a lot of blanks. Here are the 3 finalists...
[Image: null-16.jpg]
[Image: null-17.jpg]
[Image: null-18.jpg]

Can anyone guess which material she decided on?

As for handle shape she couldn't decide between 2 different Simpson's handles; the Harvard and the Tulip. She loves the curvaceous handles. So we have asked the artisan to create a hybrid between the 2. I'm still awaiting some sketches of his ideas.

Hope that helps. Unless it's a complete surprise, then I'd suggest getting her thoughts on it and make it a joint venture. It's been a lot of fun being able to talk with my wife about this. Please keep us updated on what you all decide on.

31 7,914
 09-03-2012, 07:05 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(09-03-2012, 06:34 PM)CyberJCM Wrote: I've never seen that Teiste! Do you have a recommendation where I'd find that? I still like the custom made idea first, but if there's somewhere that has/does the Rooney, it's a neat option
I meant to make a handle brush with those specs,and a knot from TGN.

86 7,124
 09-03-2012, 07:42 PM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
26mm Grade A knot, relatively short loft (48/52mm) in a very classy colored handle. Elegantly understated. Personally, I'd forget the bling unless it's real bling.

12 743
 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM
User Info
Whipped dog has some nice brushes for women. We have a Pink one in our house, with a 24mm silvertip not.

She hasn't used it yet, but it looks nice beside her unused Gillette Lady Blue Blush

I may use it during cancer awareness month, just so it sees some use.

Attached Files Image(s)

8 2,718
 09-03-2012, 08:49 PM
User Info
Brian, I dunno... If it were me Id pick that first blank! Sounds like a fun process, working together on it. But I think she would prefer the surpirse, because I know she doesnt know what she wants! But I will definitely keep updats, and share ideas.

Teiste, gotcha!

oscar11 - I agree with you, I dont want it cheesy. I have seen these little Swarovsky crystal beads I was considering.

Bruce, I laughed a little because I relate. Mine has a champagne Lady G she hasn't used. I think theres potential even for this brush to go unused. But, its the thought and effort that went into it, right? I like that pink brush there as a potential starting point to snazz it up. From Whipped Dog you said?

24mm may be a little small for leg lathering Im thinking...

4 253
 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM
User Info
http://shavenook.com/thread-question-for...arge-knots

This thread may help a bit.

This is a custom brush and razor set I had made. The razor is 4.5 inches overall, the brush is 6.25 inches overall. The longer handles make it easier to lather and shave the ankles.

1 345
 09-04-2012, 05:50 PM
User Info
(09-03-2012, 08:49 PM)CyberJCM Wrote: 24mm may be a little small for leg lathering Im thinking...

My wife currently uses my 21mm Muhle Silvertip Fibre & loves it. Remember, you or your wife doesn't have to have a brush hold all the lather. It's no crime to reload your brush between passes or between legs.

31 7,914
 09-04-2012, 06:19 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
when is breast cancer awareness month anyway, the hockey guys do a pink tie for the month maybe we should do an LE brush or something and get some donations for it lol i would totally have a pink brush for that and be dang proud of it too

John you need to find one of those huge demo units the stores get that are the size of your whole fist,... that should lather up the legs in no time lol

3 748