07-18-2018, 08:57 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
In no particular order the two I enjoy the most are:

Feather (both AC and DE)
Gillette GSB 

It is funny how things change, I have never enjoyed Feather DE blades, but yet lately I feel like I have cracked the code and am getting outstanding shaves with them. I feel like I have been too harsh on them in the past, but I think it was the quality of the soap I was using when I first tried them. Funny how using premium soaps can change your mind on blades.

12 595
 07-18-2018, 09:52 AM
User Info
(07-18-2018, 08:57 AM)JRRIII Wrote: In no particular order the two I enjoy the most are:

Feather (both AC and DE)
Gillette GSB 

It is funny how things change, I have never enjoyed Feather DE blades, but yet lately I feel like I have cracked the code and am getting outstanding shaves with them. I feel like I have been too harsh on them in the past, but I think it was the quality of the soap I was using when I first tried them. Funny how using premium soaps can change your mind on blades.

I've found this out too. The soap greatly influences the shave.
Soaps I thought were pretty good.....became dogs when I found really good soaps.

0 516
 07-19-2018, 06:47 AM
User Info
Current favorite is the Astra Superior Platinum, I just got in an assortment of DE blades:
Gillette 7 O"Clock (Green), Voskhod, Perma-sharp, Personna Platinum, Polsilver and Bic.

Still fooling with razor/DE blade combinations, favorite is the Gillette 195 and Slim with Astra Superior Platinum, next would be both Gillette Super Speed Flair-Tips
and Wilkinson Sword, and then the Gillette (Red) Super Speed Flair-Tip and Astra Superior Platinum.

The Razor in the photo is a 1970 Lady Gillette going off to a great lady friend, I've been "Test Driving" the razor (on my face) after I gave it a good cleaning and polish, it shaves real nice.
I'll start her off with Asra Stainless (Blue) and Wilkinson Sword blades.

[Image: zniVUU1.jpg]

0 33
 08-10-2018, 08:44 PM
User Info
1. GSB
2. Nacet

0 38