04-26-2018, 02:33 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Just curious, what's going on over there? Under Finest badger and Silvertip it says no products in stock, White badger shows all handle styles as if they have them but all show "out of stock" when you click them. It's been that way for some time. Is he having a problem with something?

8 2,446
 04-26-2018, 02:36 PM
User Info
(04-26-2018, 02:33 PM)Mouser Wrote: Just curious, what's going on over there? Under Finest badger and Silvertip it says no products in stock, White badger shows all handle styles as if they have them but all show "out of stock" when you click them. It's been that way for some time. Is he having a problem with something?
There's apparently a secret wait list of indeterminate length. He's never responded to any emails I sent. I'd rather send a custom handle to Declaration Grooming.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

40 577
 04-26-2018, 06:01 PM
User Info
I don't get it either.

I'm not on Facebook but maybe he does that? I'm sure demand is higher than production so he can and apparently does reply to people if and when he feels like it. Never replied to any of my emails. I'm interested but not actually going to lose my mud trying to get one.

10 1,574
 04-26-2018, 06:21 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
My goal is to some day own a Wilborg brush.  I am not sure how or when - but still a goal.

I am impressed with the owner of Varlet as being a gentleman and excellent brushes.  Another goal is a Varlet brush

8 546
 04-26-2018, 09:06 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I've had both and prefer declaration knots to either Wiborg or Varlet, but my #2 of the three would be Varlet with Wiborg in #3 position.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

82 1,614
 04-26-2018, 10:42 PM
User Info
By the looks of many of Florian's brushes I have seen in photos, I myself think they are produced knots from China. Not that this is a bad thing or meant as a criticism. I think if I am right and the time is not spent by badger knot sorting and assembling, then I ask if it the handles that takes Florian to the production rate he is at currently? I have doubts that making handles is really a problem though as it seems like many people are in the same exact tier of high caliber brushes at more marketable prices. 

I would like to try a few of his brushes but they haven't been something I pursued at all. It is a tad late as I have slowed down on exploring more badger brushes. Even if I had the chance to get them at a fair price, I would probably pass. That is only to say that I wouldn't likely enjoy it as much as a silvertip. I don't seem to enjoy as many 2 band brushes, especially in bulb. Many friends through the forums have praised some of their favorite knots at some time being Wiborg brushes. I would be shocked if I didn't find something about them that I thought would be different and unique. If you want to try one, I hope you get the opportunity sooner rather than later.

83 1,508
 04-27-2018, 12:29 PM
User Info
[Image: 86c62b18fa0649289503ccc1df903405.jpg]

I cannot comment on Declaration or Varlet, as I do not own one of these.
Certainly fine brushes, enjoy them.

A few years ago I had tried to acquire a Paladin or Varlet brush.
None of my mails were answered.

I had more luck with Wiborg.
Good enough for me.

To the best of my knowledge Florian has health issues, slowing down his minimal output even more.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 112
 05-01-2018, 01:37 PM
User Info
On on the eBay for $750 if anyone really really wants one.

0 294
 05-01-2018, 01:50 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(05-01-2018, 01:37 PM)bkatbamna Wrote: On on the eBay for $750 if anyone really really wants one.

They are really beautiful brushes and both styles of lettering are gorgeous but, come on, really?
But if someone is willing to pay that much then that's what it's worth...........to someone.

8 2,446
 05-01-2018, 09:40 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I traded a Rooney Stubby 2-band to a member here for a Wiborg and then traded that for a Wolfman Razor in the Gap I wanted.  Then a acquired another Wiborg from a different member here and eventually traded that for a Varlet Ranger.  I didn't even think to post it for sale as I hadn't gotten it that way, and figured it wouldn't be gentlemanly to turn a profit on a traded item, so I didn't.  

I'd never thought that Wiborg was worth that much!  $750, for a brush?!?  Pass.

82 1,614
 05-02-2018, 04:01 AM
User Info
I really appreciate an enthusiast who spends a lot of time, effort and hard earned money for his hobby.
This kind of enthusiasm for odd things has always had my sympathy.
My hobbies include hifi, photography, skiing, fine food and wines.
I have happily spent amounts for these hobbies my late father would have seriously frowned upon.

But the money paid for some brushes or razors is bordering the ridiculous, even in my eyes.

0 112
 05-02-2018, 06:52 AM
User Info
(04-27-2018, 12:29 PM)apogee. Wrote: A few years ago I had tried to acquire a Paladin or Varlet brush.

Please reply by PM here and direct me to the email(s) you sent to us previously. It would be helpful to know when/how that happened. My apologies if I failed to reply.

3 1,122
 05-02-2018, 11:23 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
(05-02-2018, 04:01 AM)apogee. Wrote: But the money paid for some brushes or razors is bordering the ridiculous, even in my eyes.

I saw a Brushed Stainless Wolfman Razor on eBay for $1,500.00!  I stalked the Wolfman website for a few weeks and was able to get a full razor in the gap and style I wanted (DC) for under $425 shipped and it was fantastic!  I can't believe the absolutely foolish people spending that kind of money because they can't do the work to wait and buy one on their own.  That said, some brushes might be worth the asking price some folks are asking.  I personally wouldn't sell anything for a 400% markup.  I'd certainly trade for it, though because Value is Subjective.

I recently acquired a fantastic Rooney Finest Style 3 Size 3 for a reasonable cost.  A member here was looking for one exactly like what I had, so we worked out a trade.  He was happy, I was happy.  Value for Product is subjective and I prefer to work our a trade instead of get an exorbitant amount of money...My Grandmother always said "quantity is not quality", and I've always tried to remember that.  

I even tried to propose a swap for that Rooney Finest (with the original seller) for a Wiborg Guvnor (Ultra Rare Brush), but the Member wanted Cash Money, so that's what I ended up doing - buying.  IMO, the Wiborg was worth more than the Rooney, but as i I said - Value is subjective, so the cash worked out fine in this case and it was a fair cash request, IMO.

82 1,614
 05-03-2018, 07:10 AM
User Info
(05-02-2018, 06:52 AM)Paladin Shaving Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 12:29 PM)apogee. Wrote: A few years ago I had tried to acquire a Paladin or Varlet brush.

Please reply by PM here and direct me to the email(s) you sent to us previously. It would be helpful to know when/how that happened. My apologies if I failed to reply.

Thanks a lot for your kind reply!
Unfortunately no need for additional brushes here right nowSad

0 112
 05-03-2018, 08:29 AM
User Info
(05-03-2018, 07:10 AM)apogee. Wrote:
(05-02-2018, 06:52 AM)Paladin Shaving Wrote:

Thanks a lot for your kind reply!
Unfortunately no need for additional brushes here right nowSad

I'm not trying to sell you a brush. You posted above that we did not reply to email(s) you sent. I'd like to find it/them and figure out when/how that happened.

3 1,122
 05-03-2018, 11:16 AM
User Info
The brush.... Rolleyes In all facets of the "Perfect Shave" the brush is the LEAST important part.
It just places the soap/cream on your face, so that the blade and it's holding device can
remove the hair. A $5.00 brush can do that adequately. IMHO... Cool

0 265
 05-03-2018, 11:30 AM
User Info
(05-03-2018, 11:16 AM)zipper Wrote: The brush.... Rolleyes In all facets of the "Perfect Shave" the brush is the LEAST important part.
It just places the soap/cream on your face, so that the blade and it's holding device can

It all depends on the individual. For me, enjoyment of shaving is as much about what goes on between my ears as on my face. I started spending more than I had to on razors and brushes long before I thought about making anything. I wasn't collecting and I wasn't trading, just discovering what elevated my enjoyment of shaving. An adequate shave wasn't the objective.  

Everyone gets to define "Perfect Shave" for himself.

3 1,122
 05-03-2018, 01:10 PM
User Info
(05-03-2018, 11:16 AM)zipper Wrote: The brush.... Rolleyes In all facets of the "Perfect Shave" the brush is the LEAST important part.
Not in my shave book.

44 4,307
 05-03-2018, 01:23 PM
User Info

The brush and soap is what is in contact with my face the longest during the shave so at least to me a brush that is comfortable on the face is very important. Over the last couple years, on top of comfort I want to be lathering with a brush that creates lather on the face with ease and applies the lather well. But in general, I would say the razor and blade combo is likely the most important part of a successful shave. Just my thoughts.

83 1,508