08-12-2018, 10:27 AM
User Info
(08-11-2018, 11:27 AM)Nero Wrote: I've been using the Dart on and off for the past couple weeks or so (I ordered it the first day it was offered).
As of right now, I would say that if I shaved every two days, this would be the best razor for that purpose (either this Dart, or the Blackbird, would serve in that niche very admirably).
I do think it is a little too strong of a shave (very close) to use every single day without some cumulative resultant irritation (with my skin)...
...But in a rotation with other less aggressive razors (Rockwell, for instance), the Dart can be used without skipping days. ...Since this describes 99% of the market, I think there is no reason everyone shouldn't try it, especially given the 30-day return policy.

Glad to hear it, Matt. Thanks for the kind words!

0 767
 08-12-2018, 05:53 PM
User Info
Soooooo, when I have a new razor that I really like and want to make sure that it’s as good as I think it is, I will shave with it a few times when I first get it and then let it sit for a week and come back to it. Today was the “come back to it” day and I loaded a fresh Voskhod blade and went to town on 2 days growth. My first inclinations about how great this razor is were not wrong. I am a lover of mid-aggressive to aggressive razors and this mid-aggressive razor is an amazing razor and for the money, absolutely cannot be beat!! I am loving this thing. 2.5 pass BBS shave with a very light touch as I let the weight of the razor do the work. Shane, you continue to amaze me with your various offerings and the Dart has me absolutely salivating over the SE that you have coming next!! PLEASE give us an update on that one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,158
 08-12-2018, 06:43 PM
  • dmshaver
  • Default User Title
  • Kansas City
User Info
Very interesting thread, I enjoyed reading through it. Thank you everyone for your contributions! I really like the looks of this razor.

0 63
 08-12-2018, 10:23 PM
User Info
(08-12-2018, 05:53 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote: Soooooo, when I have a new razor that I really like and want to make sure that it’s as good as I think it is, I will shave with it a few times when I first get it and then let it sit for a week and come back to it. Today was the “come back to it” day and I loaded a fresh Voskhod blade and went to town on 2 days growth. My first inclinations about how great this razor is were not wrong. I am a lover of mid-aggressive to aggressive razors and this mid-aggressive razor is an amazing razor and for the money, absolutely cannot be beat!! I am loving this thing. 2.5 pass BBS shave with a very light touch as I let the weight of the razor do the work. Shane, you continue to amaze me with your various offerings and the Dart has me absolutely salivating over the SE that you have coming next!! PLEASE give us an update on that one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome report!

SE is looking like a late summer or early fall release. Production on the heads is churning along nicely. Handles are a bit slow like the Dart’s were. I’ll share concrete news as it comes. Smile

0 767
 08-13-2018, 05:27 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
Shane, will the SE have blade feel like rhe Sabre, Blackbird or Dart?

54 635