05-03-2018, 10:09 AM
User Info
Is the feather worth the extra cash ? or just stick with ikon? ..thanks

0 9
 05-04-2018, 06:29 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
It depends on what you like.  If you like a mild razor with no blade feel, the Feather is for you.  You won't like it if you like to feel the blade.  It's a smooth razor, but I just didn't really enjoy shaving with it.

3 637
 05-04-2018, 07:45 AM
User Info
thank you sir

0 9
 05-04-2018, 12:31 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(05-03-2018, 10:09 AM)vfd259 Wrote: Is the feather worth the extra cash ? or just stick with ikon? ..thanks

It depends:  my opinion, that is.  What it depends upon is whether the open comb side of the OSS baseplate is the same as both sides of the iKon Deluxe OC baseplate.  I never have used the OSS or held one in my hand; from its appearance in photos, the iKon OSS baseplate is the same as the OC baseplate except one side of the OSS has a solid safety bar.  But I never have seen official confirmation of my visual assessment of photos of the OSS.

The iKon Deluxe OC baseplate and the Feather AS-D2 baseplate are completely interchangeable, and I do swap the iKon baseplate into my Feather AS-D2 sometimes; it minimizes the variables when making a comparative assessment.  The iKon top cap also can be swapped onto the Feather AS-D2 and the Feather top cap can be swapped onto the iKon Deluxe OC.  Overall, I prefer using the AS-D2 in its native state, but undoubtedly, I can complete a DFS+ more rapidly with the iKon baseplate installed than I can with the native Feather baseplate installed.  When I use Feather blades — about half the time, as I alternate between Feather and KAI blades — I am moderately more likely (even so, rarely) to get a nick or weeper when the open comb baseplate is in than when the Feather baseplate is in; but when I use a KAI blade, the incidence of nicks or weepers seems to be the same — near zero, almost never — with either baseplate.  

But I prefer the during-shave feel of the slightly ribbed Feather solid safety bar gliding across my face than the somewhat harsh feel of the pointy tines of the iKon OC baseplate, even though the former takes longer to complete a shave than the latter.  Post-shave feel of the two baseplates is the same.

HTH.

1 1,260
 05-07-2018, 05:13 AM
User Info
thanks..good info

0 9