05-03-2018, 10:11 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Own a piece of history and save 30% on Vie-Long shaving brushes. Vie-Long has been making brushes since 1940 and until recently, the company was owned by the Julian family. The company has been sold and the Julian era is over.All of the Vie-Long brushes that I have in inventory are from the Julian Era. Simply use coupon code Vie-Long at checkout and save 30% through Sunday, May 6th.

Vie-Long Brushes

48 19,653
 05-03-2018, 10:50 AM
User Info
Sweet brushes!!!!

3 1,160
 05-03-2018, 01:25 PM
User Info
Any plans on bringing in any of the silver tip badger brushes from Vie Long or clearing house for good Phil on VL?

83 1,568
 05-03-2018, 02:08 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-03-2018, 01:25 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: Any plans on bringing in any of the silver tip badger brushes from Vie Long or clearing house for good Phil on VL?

I am going to clear house first and then wait on the reviews of the new brushes. If the reviews are good, I will bring them in. It is essentially a totally different company now so, I have no idea what to expect.

48 19,653
 05-03-2018, 08:14 PM
User Info
I just want to say that I am truly saddened by this, and thanks to Phil for being upfront here.  Vie-Long was my favorite shaving brush company, which I discovered in 2011 courtesy of BullGoose.  What I liked at the time was that their handle designs were small and eccentric compared to their Anglo-American and German competitors.  Of course, they had a kind of monopoly on horse hair brushes in terms of quality; but their badger offerings were also top-notch, better than the rest in my opinion.  One of my shaving buddies has encouraged me and other folks to look at the tips of the brushes with a loupe to see how things stand there.  And in following his suggestion, with an 11x triplet achromat, I can personally testify that Vie-Long's were the finest tips compared to many other brands, and across the board, from horse to black badger to silvertip badger.  And while I'm shedding a tear over this news, it doesn't come as a surprise.  In recent years, I've seen their handles start to mimic certain UK brands so closely that I was sure that they had already been bought out behind the scenes, the irony here being that in 2015, they were celebrating their 75th anniversary, only to present a short-lofted, two-band badger brush that differed little from one of their German competitors.   So get the good ones while you can get them.

0 69