05-03-2018, 02:30 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

The Tatara Masamune is an exceptional safety razor, mid-aggressive, and one of the most efficient shavers I have ever used. I like the razor's simple design. The grip is fine, even when the handle is wet, and fit and finish impeccable. Sadly, the razor a wee bit too aggressive for me, with a little more blade feel than I like. So I am compelled to pass it on. It comes with the OC and SB base plates. The razor is in mint condition. And it's had only two shaves. New, the razor cost me $290. Your price is $270 shipped U.S. Paypal is fine. No trades, please. Thanks.

[Image: dbZlRDv.jpg]

178 3,694
 05-03-2018, 05:54 PM
User Info
One of my favorite razors, mine is #26 or 27 I forget, up there in the top 5 (S/E's & D/E's). 

As many of us know from experience, any of Obie's items will certainly be in pristine condition, and generously offered.

Purchasing from Obie is wise, he is an outstanding shaving muse and member of the wet shaving community as well as an accomplished author!

1 18
 05-03-2018, 06:38 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(05-03-2018, 05:54 PM)cto2usn Wrote: One of my favorite razors, mine is #26 or 27 I forget, up there in the top 5 (S/E's & D/E's). 

As many of us know from experience, any of Obie's items will certainly be in pristine condition, and generously offered.

Purchasing from Obie is wise, he is an outstanding shaving muse and member of the wet shaving community as well as an accomplished author!
Ah, my friend, bless your heart for the kind words. Thanks.

I envy gentlemen who can use this razor. It's a beauty, yes, and an exceptionally efficient shaver. Unfortunately, as I noted earlier, the Tatara is a wee bit too aggressive for me. These days my limit is the Feather AS D-2 and the OneBlade. Anything beyond them in safety razors feels too aggressive for me.

I'm a predominantly straight razor shaver; however, I don't do well with aggressive safety razors.

Anyway, the Tatara Masamune is a superb razor.

178 3,694