09-04-2012, 05:36 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
This is a post about another one of the seldom mentioned a/s out there...Lustray's Blue Spice.

It is cheap- $3.50 for 14 oz/414 ml.I had passed this a/s over in the past assuming it was a Velva clone.It is most definitely not.In the bottle it has a mild spice scent with baby powder in the back ground.When applied the spice fades rather quickly and the baby powder moves to the fore.

I am a bit puzzled by this after looking at the ingredients.linalool,limonene,cinnamic alcohol,oakmoss,eugenol,coumarin,hydroxycitronella ingredients that are spicy ,woodsy for the most part and some grassy sweets and one floral note.But hey i am not a perfumer.

It does an adequate job on razor burn,seems to be slightly moisturising(a squirt of glycerin would help,as with other Lustray products).The scent fades 90 percent in an hour or two but sticks close to the body.If you use baby powder as a body powder or deodorant or a baby powder scented deodorant you could use this as a layering scent that would keep you smelling fresh.I was a bit dubious about it holding up in Georgia heat and humidity,but it has.I tend to use this a/s in the cooler times though or for settings when you need to be inoffensive-funerals ,job training etc.

So i give it a thumbs up .Not a scent for daily use but definitely useful.If you are placing an order for shaving supplies add this .It would not be a misstep.

0 274
 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM
User Info
what is your opinion on their bay rum? i have also seen another brand called Master, but not sure yet.
and heresy of heresies....my wife told me last night that she did not like my Clubman's A/S . said it smelled a little bit like citronella. WHAT NERVE!!!Biggrin i really like it. Smile

0 189
 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I've not tried their Bay Rum.I hear mixed opinions on it,the list of scents in it are not traditional to Bay's.I plan on giving it a try one day.

0 274
 10-16-2012, 02:04 PM
User Info
A barber In Miami who I occasionally go to for a shave uses it as an after shave. Quite refreshing on the face. The scent fades quickly, so you don't have to worry about clashing with your cologne.

37 2,907
 10-25-2012, 08:53 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I recently grabbed a bottle of their Bay Rum....don't bother.Not much scent and it fades away within minutes.

0 274