05-04-2018, 09:07 AM
User Info
This is a Gillette Super Speed.  Although this razor was made in 1953, it is one of the Gillettes that are now referred to as "40s style SuperSpeeds" because most of this model type were made in the 1940s.  These are excellent shavers that are seen as moderate aggressiveness, so they can be used by practically anyone.  This one shows a little cosmetic wear from normal use, but overall is in pretty nice condition and shaves as good as ever.  $18.00 shipped CONUS
[Image: DN3Z7BY.jpg]

[Image: 8LtVb5r.jpg]

[Image: lTPoVrb.jpg]

This is a " Superior " brand single edge "lather-catcher" style vintage safety razor. These are much less common than the GEM, STAR, Kampfe Bros. or Ever-Ready lather-catchers. It's origin is a little unsure, some of the later Superior razors have a G on the blade holder part of the razor that you see on the GEM lathercatchers, but this one doesn't. So, as far as I know, I'm not sure if it was later bought out by GEM or part of the GEM company all along. Maybe someone can enlighten us.  They are great shavers. There is a bent spot on the handle, but otherwise the razor is in exceptional condition for one that has a patent date of 1900 and seems to have been made between 1900 and 1910 as far as I can research. It is able to use the modern single edge razor blades made for shaving. Asking $28.50 shipped CONUS
[Image: 2VOR6GS.jpg]

[Image: l9nw0YH.jpg]

[Image: PzMALr0.jpg]

13 224