05-06-2018, 05:31 AM
User Info
Does anyone on this forum own a Clear Cut RS-10?  If so, how does it compare to The Blackbird, which it strongly resembles?
It costs almost twice as much as a Blackbird.  So before I consider buying one, I would like to hear from some experienced users.  
Thank you.

[Image: XTQnh5A.jpg]

22 264
 05-06-2018, 05:47 AM
User Info
that noise I just heard was lawyers lining up for an IP lawsuit

60 1,348
 05-06-2018, 06:34 AM
User Info
(05-06-2018, 05:31 AM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: Does anyone on this forum own a Clear Cut RS-10?  If so, how does it compare to The Blackbird, which it strongly resembles?
It costs almost twice as much as a Blackbird.  So before I consider buying one, I would like to hear from some experienced users.  
Thank you.

[Image: XTQnh5A.jpg]

First I’ve heard of it. By the marketing, reminds me of the oneblade. Over priced and a large marketing budget. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 116
 08-02-2018, 05:09 AM
User Info
So far I have used this razor for two shaves. This razor is not cheap nor the accessories but this pieces are work of art and absolutely great shavers.

0 2
 08-02-2018, 05:25 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I saw several of these at Big Shave East, and met Avi, the artisan behind them. I didn't shave with one, but visually, they were beautiful. They had a set with a presentation box that is one of the most visually stunning things I've ever seen. Mind you, this set is $700, but considering the amount of detail and craftsmanship that went into it, I would say it's a fair price.

Now, when I say fair, I don't mean that you all should sell one of your children and buy one. The company seems to be targeting the high-end/bespoke gift market, not so much the "regular guy" market.

Personally, I'm definitely a "form follows function" kind of guy. As much as I appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship that goes into these sets, I'm more interested in how it shaves, which I still know nothing about. However, I will happily attest that Avi is a nice guy who cares about his craft, and everything on his table was incredibly nice looking.

22 858
 08-02-2018, 08:23 AM
User Info
An engaged artisan and flawless presentation goes a long way, but that price tag put it's outside the reach of a lot of shavers.. shame, really. It looks like a nice razor from the photo.

3 5,824
 08-02-2018, 08:28 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Not for the average wet shaver, indeed...

Nice design though.

58 2,346
 08-02-2018, 01:10 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
The price of the razor is $325., a full razor package is at $695. the accessories are very expensive at nearly the cost of the razor but the designs are absolutely stunning. (I went to the website)

55 681
 08-02-2018, 06:48 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
$325 is an awful lot for a razor. A beautiful razor, and maybe (?) a great shaving one, but a lot of clams. I wish I had the kind of cash to buy the whole getup.

You guys can't really see it, but honestly, the best and probably the most expensive part to make was the box. It is absolutely stunning. Like something a jewel-encrusted Fabergé egg would come in. The pictures on the website don’t do it justice. It's incredible.

22 858
 08-03-2018, 01:22 PM
  • Urolex
  • Phoenix, AZ
User Info
I just got my RS 10 with the mid aggressive plate today. The head geometry looks similar to the Blackbird which, to me, was a little worrying because I could never get a good shave with the BB.

Luckily, the RS10 is NOTHING like the BB. I used a personna red on 2 days growth (I have a very thick beard) and it absolutely mowed through it with no harshness or blade feel. I typically use either a first gen Tradere OC or Wolfman 0.74 SB and the RS10 exceeded both in terms of efficiency AND smoothness.

I falsely assumed that the second and third passes would be a little rough or that I would get some unpleasant blade feel, but that never happened. It was smooth sailing all the way. I'll move up to a feather blade tomorrow and report back.

Very happy with this purchase despite the steep price.

55 454
 08-03-2018, 10:44 PM
User Info
It does make you think about what "value for money" means... if you're happy with the purchase, it is worth the price.

3 5,824
 08-04-2018, 05:53 AM
User Info
The price of $325 doesn't shock me.  It's less than some other modern razors.  Bullgoose recently sold out a $395 Paradigm razor in about 24 hours.  People buy used Wolfman razors for $1000+.

There's an open question whether any razor more than a certain amount is a good value, but that's up to the purchaser.  I'm glad some users are really enjoying their RS 10 razors.

19 309
 08-04-2018, 09:03 AM
User Info
The price is not the issue as much as whether it will work for me. I think, at that price it should have a 30/90 day
guarantee...... Winky

0 863
 08-04-2018, 10:29 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
What is the blade feel and feed back compared to other razors (you need to make the comparison)

55 681
 08-04-2018, 11:23 AM
User Info
[Image: xXPF9Ve.jpg]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Today was shave number 5 using Raw Shaving razor RS-10. [/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Took a nice warm shower right before the shave and beard was cleaned out hydrated and ready go. [/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Bloomed wholly kaw soap and soaked my envy shave brush. Maintained my face wet and warm. [/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Wholly kaw produced nothing short of an amazing rich lather with a superb scent and performance. Razor was paired with a brand new personna red blade on a mid aggressive plate. I like how easy it is to remove blades from this razor. Lathered the face and went to town. I did my 3 pass shave today. From first pass to last pass smoothness of the razor was equal. With this razor there is no such a thing as blade chatter or blade ends overhang or blades getting stuck inside the razor. 3 pass shave was very easy and also easy on my skin. Produced absolutely zero irritation meanwhile a shave ended up being bbs. [/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]During this shave I made a simple observation. I used a brand new personna blade and the shave was so phenomenal. I went straight to amazon and ordered 200 more of these blades for only $20. So as of now it’s simple one shave and blades goes to blade bank. [/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Enjoy your shaves guys and gals. [/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Chapo [/font][/font]

0 12
 08-04-2018, 11:26 AM
  • Urolex
  • Phoenix, AZ
User Info
(08-04-2018, 10:29 AM)bijou Wrote: What is the blade feel and feed back compared to other razors (you need to make the comparison)

Less blade feel than 0.74 WM. Feedback is somewhere between the BB and a standard gap WM (0.61).

These things are incredibly subjective, your opinion may differ

55 454
 08-05-2018, 01:02 AM
User Info
Would love to hear a comparison between the RS 10 and RS18

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

29 843
 08-05-2018, 04:34 AM
User Info
(08-05-2018, 01:02 AM)rawfox1 Wrote: Would love to hear a comparison between the RS 10 and RS18

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RS18 is not for sale yet

141 13,825
 08-05-2018, 06:31 PM
User Info
The major difference between RS 10 and 18 is that 18 has the lubricating strips that makes the shave even smoother. I chose to go with the 10 so this way I don't have to depend on the strips. As of now the razor shaves just as smooth as the last paradigm even with a feather blade.

0 2