05-14-2018, 08:52 AM
User Info
Gents, request inputs on my next SE Razor which acceps AC blades. I had bought and sold Cobra Classic in the past. Am using Colonial General in brass which I am liking very much but the weight is a tad heavier.

I recently borrowed ATT SE1 with bamboo handle from a friend and had my first shave with it today.I honestly enjoyed the shave very much. I went with Schick Proline blades.

I am now looking forward to a lighter razor in comparison to the brass General I own.

I need inputs on ATT SE1 vs ATT SE2 vs Colonial SS. Whats the difference between the 2 ATT models? How much does each weigh, if anyone who owns both may share.

I also understand there is a substantial price difference between the 2 brands mentioned above. Which one would you still pick?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,148
 05-14-2018, 09:06 AM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
This is a tough question. I've got the SE2 and the stainless General. Both are tremendous razors. I can get a bit closer shave with the SE2, but both are very efficient. I don't know their weights, but I use an Atlas handle with the SE2, and both razors feel of similar weight in my hand (although the Atlas is a shorter handle). Just to make things more complicated, I enjoy the Asylum RX most among my AC blade razors. As I recall--I'm out of town today--it's slightly less heavy overall, and substantially less weight in the head (ala the Cobra). Good luck in your hunt!

10 544
 05-14-2018, 09:28 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
If weight is an issue, why don't you go with the aluminum version of either the ATT or the colonial General? The ATT is available now and you would have to get the aluminum General off the BST.  I have the aluminum General and it's great. Very lightweight. In fact, I add a stainless handle to add a little bit of weight.

26 650
 05-14-2018, 10:17 AM
User Info
The aluminum general is right up your alley. I prefer the aluminum general over the SS and brass general and the SS ATT SE1.

13 252
 05-14-2018, 11:28 AM
User Info
(05-14-2018, 08:52 AM)Jags009 Wrote: I need inputs on ATT SE1 vs ATT SE2 vs Colonial SS. Whats the difference between the 2 ATT models? How much does each weigh, if anyone who owns both may share.

Jagdeep, I have all three. Colonial is very similar to SE1. Personally prefer SE1 to Colonial, SE1 is slightly more efficient than Colonial and it is great daily razor. SE2 is different tier. I don´t like this baseplate and I am going to sell it. SE2 is simiilar to Cobra in efficiency, but is not such smooth as Cobra is. Slightly more aggressive than Cobra is Asylum RX. If you sold Cobra and like SE1 I think, Asylum could be wee aggressive for you. I am using KAI Pink Titan Mild blades. Have also Feather ProGuard and Feather Professional, but prefer KAI.

13 386
 05-14-2018, 01:14 PM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
The only one I can currently recommend is the General. Stainless or Aluminum will do you just fine.
Looking forward to what Blackland brings to the table later this year.

82 3,430