01-03-2017, 01:21 PM
User Info
I switched (after 6 or 7 years) from Canon to Sony. The a6000 with a Zeiss 16-70 lens is great for walking around and has amazing image quality.

6 646
 01-03-2017, 07:52 PM
User Info
Sadly my iPhone 6.

0 595
 03-03-2017, 12:29 AM
User Info
Mike to be honest, most cameras in a given price point are going to be about the same in quality.

First, If I was new to this digital photography I probably wouldn't start that expensive.

Find something a bit cheaper and it will teach you exactly what you want.

Even when later you have that state of the art monster, you will still be glad to have a knock about camera for grab shots that you didn't have the big gun for. Also with less to loose, you may take it to places you wouldn't think of taking the big gun....

When people ask me what kind of computer they should get I explain that this cannot be answered by me but if they get any computer at the local place they get that stuff, after just a very short time they will know exactly what they want in the next one.

Believe it or not, there is a longer learning curve to mastering a digital than the old 35mm for which we can no longer get film.

Jim

0 38
 03-04-2017, 07:47 PM
User Info
For simple look for a Cannon around 300. You will learn about digital and when your ready to move up you will have a second camera around for grab shots ( where you might not take or have that big one with )

0 38
 03-16-2017, 12:42 AM
User Info
(09-04-2012, 06:28 PM)MickToley Wrote: Thanks.  Could you guys post some links or let me know some places to shop around?  Basically, I'm looking for something simple for a beginner to use that takes quality pics and good close ups. If I need to spend a bit more for a lens on top of what I'm willing to spend it's not a problem.

Something simple would be a Cannon but a ton less than 650, say around 300. Use that to learn about digital and if you move up later you will have a good camera   to have around for  Grab shots.

0 38