05-25-2018, 08:51 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Been trying for a month now seemingly missing every release by minutes as they open and close in less than 3 minutes.  Extremely frustrated trying to get a razor to use not resell online for markup.  There has to be a better way

1 191
 05-25-2018, 08:56 AM
User Info
How about this? I didn't even know there was a new release! I don't do facebook, nor will I ever, so I know that I am going to miss out on many announcements. Oh well.

47 4,495
 05-25-2018, 09:09 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
Yeah I never even know there are releases in the first place so at least you have a chance. I remember hearing he would post updates on twitter, I turned on notifications (the only notification of anything I have turned on on my iphone) and to this day I have never gotten a single notification from it because he stopped doing it lol. I have basically given up on the idea of ever having one. If I get one great, and I always keep my eyes out but I am certainly not feeling like I am missing out like I used to. I got one of the best shaves I have had all year last week with the least expensive hardware I own. I hope there will be a better way in the future for us but c'est la vie. For the record I don't want one for resale either, I just happen to find the design aesthetically appealing, that's the only reason I want one.

12 595
 05-25-2018, 09:37 AM
User Info
(05-25-2018, 09:09 AM)JRRIII Wrote: Yeah I never even know there are releases in the first place so at least you have a chance. I remember hearing he would post updates on twitter, I turned on notifications (the only notification of anything I have turned on on my iphone) and to this day I have never gotten a single notification from it because he stopped doing it lol. I have basically given up on the idea of ever having one. If I get one great, and I always keep my eyes out but I am certainly not feeling like I am missing out like I used to. I got one of the best shaves I have had all year last week with the least expensive hardware I own. I hope there will be a better way in the future for us but c'est la vie. For the record I don't want one for resale either, I just happen to find the design aesthetically appealing, that's the only reason I want one.
You're not and neither am I.

47 4,495
 05-25-2018, 09:39 AM
User Info
'I'm with you' Jake! You must be talking about the Karve razor. Mine is 'out for delivery' today (D,E, & F plates). I hope to have similar results.

BTW: I got both an OC and SB from James in early 2016 (.61 gap) and sold them due to obtaining better razors in mid-2016.
Although I might try a .74 gap WR1 to see IF it 'fits me better' ... but, ONLY if the opportunity presents itself!

53 461
 05-25-2018, 11:38 AM
User Info
(05-25-2018, 08:51 AM)DanLaw Wrote: Been trying for a month now seemingly missing every release by minutes as they open and close in less than 3 minutes.  Extremely frustrated trying to get a razor to use not resell online for markup.  There has to be a better way

Keep at it.  I was looking at the site randomly and on a Thursday afternoon it magically came alive.  I was able to order 2(but one was cancelled) and I got a beautiful .80 gap OC with WRH1 handle in polished finish.

0 333
 05-25-2018, 05:10 PM
User Info
This must be the official community of the Wolfman razor as this community spends more time talking about them than any other community. Seriously do not waste your time and the stress about buying the most overpriced DE razor in the market. There are so many other options that completely out performs the wolfman razors.

I have a RazoRock Game Changer for $54 which I paid a local machine shop $12.50 and they polished that Stainless steel GC to a mirror shine without impacting the head or the performance. Honestly you look at them side by side you could not believe one razor is $425 and the other is $54.99.

I get a better shave with the GC than the .67mm Wolfman as I tested them side by side.

Someone from another community sent it to me on loan and I was not even impressed. It looks good on the shelf, but other than that it is not worth the price so do not stress over it save your money and buy more gear instead of throwing it away on one DE razor.

0 7
 05-25-2018, 06:01 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I like the "thrill of the chase."  Would I like to own a Wolfman - probably yes.  Will my current Wolfman Guerrilla(s) keep me happy for a while - definitely yes.
Will I check his website on Monday - yes.  If available, will I spend the big bucks - possibly yes.

Wolfman seems to bring out either really positive or really negative feelings.

9 624
 05-25-2018, 06:03 PM
User Info
(05-25-2018, 05:10 PM)Space Shaver Wrote: This must be the official community of the Wolfman razor as this community spends more time talking about them than any other community. Seriously do not waste your time and the stress about buying the most overpriced DE razor in the market. There are so many other options that completely out performs the wolfman razors.

I have a RazoRock Game Changer for $54 which I paid a local machine shop $12.50 and they polished that Stainless steel GC to a mirror shine without impacting the head or the performance. Honestly you look at them side by side you could not believe one razor is $425 and the other is $54.99.

I get a better shave with the GC than the .67mm Wolfman as I tested them side by side.

Someone from another community sent it to me on loan and I was not even impressed. It looks good on the shelf, but other than that it is not worth the price so do not stress over it save your money and buy more gear instead of throwing it away on one DE razor.
That is an opinion that is going to generate some lively responses. I happen to agree, but I also think that I am in the minority. Full disclosure: I have never even held a Wolfman in my hand, let alone tested the shave. 

47 4,495
 05-25-2018, 06:19 PM
User Info
Hang in the DannyLaw...it'll happen. Don't fret. Persistence. Patience.

I've no idea how how a Game changer shaves but if you like it...shave on. I doubt anyone chasing a Wolfman asked anyone here for a loan to buy one so why trash them?

If you like aggressive razors, a 67 gap will be next to useless. A 74 is the least I'd want. The 80 gets close to a Timeless 95. The 86 gap is probably the best razor in my den.

With all that said, to me, a Timeless 95 is the best high end razor on the market. Efficient, smooth, and readily available...and relatively cheap for higher end razors.

But...if a disposable Bic works for anyone here...Rock it I say. I never understood why guys come into high end razor discussions and piss on the floor. That's exactly why I don't post a lot...i expect it on most forums. Guys just love to run you down for spending big money on razors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 62
 05-25-2018, 08:53 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
To each  his own.  It is none of our business what another person uses or like, no matter what the cost is.

180 24,804
 05-25-2018, 09:31 PM
User Info
I’ve spent my time chasing dragons - I’ve no right to chastise others for doing the same. Eventually, you’ll slay the beast.

29 1,413
 05-26-2018, 01:28 AM
User Info
I was tempted initially to go for one but the chase is just too much for me. Time Zone is no help either. No doubt they are beautiful razors but don't want to be stressing out on the availability etc.

Rockwell 6s v1 is very impressive to me and there is a Rex inbound. Also, my new acquisitions on AC razors had been very satisfying. Rocking ATT SE1, General.

Wolfman can wait eternally for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,097
 05-26-2018, 03:52 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I really enjoy shaving with my wolfman OC. It shaves really smooth and the head design makes it easy to get to the tough spots. I was fortunate enough to get on the waiting list before the price increase. I don’t think I would purchase one at the current price because it’s more than I can justify for a razor. I also wouldn’t sell it for that price, or the price that they’re going for on eBay, because I would want another one. When I look at the finish, I can tell a lot of time was spent getting the razor to look that way, which is probably why the releases are so limited.

3 631
 05-26-2018, 06:10 AM
User Info
(05-25-2018, 06:19 PM)LOOT Wrote: Hang in the DannyLaw...it'll happen. Don't fret. Persistence. Patience.

I've no idea how how a Game changer shaves but if you like it...shave on. I doubt anyone chasing a Wolfman asked anyone here for a loan to buy one so why trash them?

If you like aggressive razors, a 67 gap will be next to useless. A 74 is the least I'd want. The 80 gets close to a Timeless 95. The 86 gap is probably the best razor in my den.

With all that said, to me, a Timeless 95 is the best high end razor on the market. Efficient, smooth, and readily available...and relatively cheap for higher end razors.

But...if a disposable Bic works for anyone here...Rock it I say. I never understood why guys come into high end razor discussions and piss on the floor. That's exactly why I don't post a lot...i expect it on most forums. Guys just love to run you down for spending big money on razors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm with you on everything you said my friend! No need to bash the man or his razors. It gets old after awhile. 

I will add one more thing to what you already said I don't care what anyone pays for a razor it's a persons own choice and nobody else's business. If you have good technique and understand how to map your face and beard out you can get a good/great shave out of almost any razor. I have the WR1 .61gap DC and the .80 gap DC and even though the .80 is noticeably more efficient. The .61 has a very small sweet spot and once found and again with good technique I can get a BBS shave in 3 passes with no trouble at all and it's very smooth.  The .80 in 2 passes. 

And the RR GC does not have the fit and finish of a Wolfman and although it is a decent shaver but I find it nothing to write home about and in the lower price range of modern razors I think the Karve is a much better shaver and I've already sold my RR GC. Hey but to each his own.

0 232
 05-26-2018, 11:55 AM
User Info
Shaved with both this morning, one on each side of the face- game changer on right, wolfman on left.

For me, wolfman got closer and was more comfortable, and that was giving game changer the advantage by putting it on the right.

5 184
 05-28-2018, 06:09 AM
User Info
The Wolfman standard 0.61 gap and a nice sharp blade works for me. There is one up for auction that ends today (no relation). Good luck in getting a Wolfman!

0 37
 05-28-2018, 06:56 PM
User Info
(05-26-2018, 11:55 AM)vmarks Wrote: Shaved with both this morning, one on each side of the face- game changer on right, wolfman on left.

For me, wolfman got closer and was more comfortable, and that was giving game changer the advantage by putting it on the right.

Bravo and the results sounds more realistic and in line with my experience shaving with both razors. Also my hats off to you for disclosing the difference about the sides of your face. I'm with you as my left side is a lot more difficult to shave as it has some nasty cowlicks and the growth is all over the face on top of that. On the other side it's like night and day with completely normal beard growth and patterns with no cowlicks or weird all over the place beard growth like on the other side.  When I do reviews or shave comparisons I actually divide my face in 4 sections and assign each razor a part of my face, meaning the cheeks, lower chin and around the mouth and the other side on the neck. Then the other razor gets the exact opposite. I just recently did a US vs British Aristocrat Showdown Shave off using all the Aristocrat models & generations on another forum and that is how I mapped out my face for each shave off.  Heres an example below of when I used a 1st Gen #15 and a 2nd Gen from a #21 set in one of the shave offs. It made it fair as both razors got a piece of my more difficult side and my much easier side. 

[Image: Y7Ii5WF.jpg]

0 232
 05-30-2018, 09:13 AM
  • vpayne
  • Missouri
User Info
(05-25-2018, 05:10 PM)Space Shaver Wrote: This must be the official community of the Wolfman razor as this community spends more time talking about them than any other community. Seriously do not waste your time and the stress about buying the most overpriced DE razor in the market. There are so many other options that completely out performs the wolfman razors.

s

If you are getting a better shave with the GC than a Wolfman, then I sure don't need one, especially at their price. The GC is too inefficient for me, so I think I will look at CG, Timelless or ATT. I have been wondering about this.

35 407
 05-30-2018, 09:19 AM
User Info
I received an OC 80 gap one a few weeks ago.  I think I need less of a gap.

0 333