05-29-2018, 02:52 AM
User Info
Well gentlemen...all I can say is “WoW!” What a truly fantastic razor, and I am lucky to have been able to purchase it from Bullgoose Shaving.

This morning was my first shave with the Asylum RX, it had zero learning curve, and gave me the best two pass shave I have ever been able to give myself with zero irritation. The fit and finish are superb!

Here was the routine:

Prep: Exfoliated last night, and had a hot shower this morning

Cream: Santa Maria Novella whipped up in a heated bowl using my Thater badger brush that has developed some nice gel tips

Razor: Asylum RX with Mirror Finish utilizing the Feather PROGUARD blade

Aftershave: D.R. Harris Windsor

Balm: Henri Et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars

Fragrance: D.R. Harris Windsor EDT

What a sublime shaving experience!

In closing, I would describe the Asylum RX with Mirror Finish as an old school Cadillac...complete luxury that is built like a tank. This razor simply floated and glided around my face just like an old caddie sort of floats down the highway...so smooth!

I highly recommend this razor!!!

Vr

Matt

11 459
 05-29-2018, 04:05 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Matt, my friend,
Fine review. I have eyed this razor for quite sometime, but every time I wanted to order it, I was broke. Thus far, all the AC type single edge razors I have tried have disappointed in various ways. Perhaps the Asylum RX will hit the magic mark for me. I am glad you're enjoy the razor.

175 3,600
 05-29-2018, 04:39 AM
User Info
Obie,

Yes...with your sensitive skin, I think that there is some magic to be had here, especially with the Feather PROGUARD blades!

Vr

Matt

11 459
 05-29-2018, 06:40 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(05-29-2018, 04:39 AM)Ols67 Wrote: Obie,

Yes...with your sensitive skin, I think that there is some magic to be had here, especially with the Feather PROGUARD blades!

Vr

Matt

Good thoughts, Matt. Perhaps the Asylum Rex will be my next purchase. I think I'll sell my Rolls Royce to drum up the shekels.

175 3,600
 05-29-2018, 09:30 AM
User Info
Thanks Matt

This fills me full of hope for when mine arrives. My blade of choice will  be the Proline of course, so we'll see how that  combo performs. Thanks for a great review.

0 44
 05-29-2018, 11:18 AM
User Info
Yes Sir! I suspect that you will love it, especially with the incredible fit and finish coupled with your engineering background!

11 459
 06-11-2018, 10:10 AM
User Info
I have the Black oxide version which is showing some wear but still love it. I started with the Feather Pro Guard blades then switched to Proline once I had my technique down. Both gave great shaves but shave lasts quite a bit longer with the Proline

14 278
 09-02-2018, 11:00 AM
User Info
I have been so enamored with collecting and using vintage gillettes that I have been neglecting my other razors. So I decided to use my Asylum RX today paired with a fresh kai protuouch! What an amazing treat! I had forgotten just how incredible this razor is on the face with a few days growth!

I also used Cyril R Salter Almond shave cream, and finished it all off with Chella Cool aftershave (one of my favorites)!

Vr

Matt

11 459