User Info
sure was worth it this morning.

80 1,459
 06-24-2019, 03:49 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(06-24-2019, 06:28 AM)Mouser Wrote: I know this is an old thread but I just have a little something else to add. We wet our beards before we shave to soften our whiskers.  They soak up the water and soften up because they're less dense. And they swell. Often what doesn't feel like a BBS when wet absolutely does so when dry. Point is don't judge your results until your face is dry. The whiskers are still swollen. When they're fully dry they'll shrink.

Oh, my.  Intentionally or not, you just revived the George Costanza "shrinkage" episode of Seinfeld.  Now I have to shampoo my memory.

1 1,366
 06-25-2019, 03:25 PM
User Info
I like this thread! Some folks mention chasing a BBS result, and it at times leading to irritation. I think all of us have been guilty of that a time or two.

I recently have come across two razors that feel like they were made for my face...the Wilkinson Sticky and the Star Model 100. They shave wonderfully for my face, and have led to BBS results every shave over the last few weeks with zero irritation. I have only had to do minimal touch ups. I personally think that the STAR Model 100 is one of the best kept secrets in wet shaving!

It also doesn’t hurt that I have been using Personna 74s and British made Wilkinson blades, along with some really great soaps!

So is the pinnacle result of the shaving process worth it...yes...to me it is since I can achieve it without any irritation or ingrown hairs! If I commonly had razor burn and/or ingrown hairs, then I would have to learn to be content with a DFS result.

Vr

Matt

28 1,355
 06-27-2019, 02:48 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(06-24-2019, 03:49 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 06:28 AM)Mouser Wrote: I know this is an old thread but I just have a little something else to add. We wet our beards before we shave to soften our whiskers.  They soak up the water and soften up because they're less dense. And they swell. Often what doesn't feel like a BBS when wet absolutely does so when dry. Point is don't judge your results until your face is dry. The whiskers are still swollen. When they're fully dry they'll shrink.

Oh, my.  Intentionally or not, you just revived the George Costanza "shrinkage" episode of Seinfeld.  Now I have to shampoo my memory.

Oh Gawd Mel!, you're right.  How did I miss that? Unlike my wife who I've tried to explain it to many times,  I know all about shrinkage. Although whiskers shrink when they're dry, just the opposite...let's drop this.

8 2,629