06-03-2018, 11:22 AM
User Info
Today, my Eagle 3 in faux Jade and Manchurian Badger arrived.

I know, gentleman's restraint and all that - but after spotting the photo's on the net and a short conversation with a gentleman on the Isle of Man I knew I had to have this in my den. 

Without further ado:

[Image: yyMITCk.jpg]

What? No decal?
That was a bit of a surprise (I obviously did not look that precisely to the pictures), but I like it and it took only a few seconds to realise my earlier Eagle also was non decal (more about that later).

The knot looks spot on for my taste:

[Image: b2Vjcpi.jpg]

Good loft, nice spring to it and not too flat or too bulb-y.

I have loved the Eagle ever since I got one in a memorable group buy.
That one was in Best, but it won me over to the robust yet elegant design and the Eagle's performance.

So, how does it compare?
Sizewise, they are very much alike:

[Image: afO3de4.jpg]

The Eagle in Best is a true workhorse, the Jade Eagle is still to be used for the first time.
Cannot wait to see what a difference is in these knots (I know this batch of Best is quite a contender!).

I am very happy to add this to my inventory, and see it in the company of its Jade brother The Rover:

[Image: bSqoxlP.jpg]

0 670
 06-03-2018, 12:11 PM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
Looks great, I was also tempted by the silvertip version, but then I already have a 2 Band from 2012.

[Image: lmOpSxI.jpg]

43 2,019
 06-03-2018, 03:16 PM
User Info
Oh my that's nice!  Wait... they're all outstanding!

1 139
 06-03-2018, 07:08 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
The Eagle (and various other versions) is a very ergonomic design (and a favorite).  Nice brush - you will enjoy!!

8 561
 06-04-2018, 05:25 AM
  • Niro884
  • Italian Shaving Enthusiast
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
Very Nice!

57 651
 06-04-2018, 05:56 AM
User Info
That's a great acquisition!

51 7,541
 06-09-2018, 04:48 PM
User Info
The Eagle shape has always captivated me, but I have thought I'd prefer it in Best. These pictures are enough to make me reconsider. That's a fantastically attractive brush.

0 27
 06-10-2018, 04:06 AM
User Info
The Eagle really shines in Best, and I dare say that the good old group buy Eagle gives this Manchurian a run for its money.
That said, the form of the Eagle refers to bold, robust, firm knots with a bit of firmness and this jade Eagle delivers beautifully.

And, I find this jade material to be strangely addictive.
I liked the Rover, like the Eagle a relatvely straightforward brush, but was convinced to buy it when a jade specimen was made.
Likewise, thus one. Another ‘do not need, but most certainly want’ brush.

I fear the day the other new colors catch my eye :-)

0 670