06-03-2018, 12:23 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
BullGoose Shaving and The Beach Cities Shave Spa will be collaborating on a shave night sometime in late July. We are still working on the details but, Master Barber J.C. Duran, the owner of Beach Cities Shave Spa, will be demonstrating straight razor shaves. I will be bringing a lot of products to the event (both hardware and software) so you can experience them in person. Everyone will receive a gift bag and, there will be products for sale. Stay posted -details will be forthcoming.

[Image: FOEH4fi.jpg][Image: jbBmhNB.jpg][Image: XGnis4G.jpg]

48 19,395
 06-03-2018, 12:41 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Sounds like a wonderful event Phil.

63 5,022
 06-04-2018, 02:40 AM
User Info
That sounds like it will be a nice event.  I would bring a selection of more moderately priced items suitable for beginners, such as Merkur 34C razors, TOBS or Asylum creams, and synthetic or boar brushes.  You don't want to scare away any newbies, and they may not appreciate the high-end stuff anyway.  Once they're into the hobby and start hanging out on TSN, they'll upgrade.

51 7,559
 06-04-2018, 05:27 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(06-04-2018, 02:40 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: That sounds like it will be a nice event.  I would bring a selection of more moderately priced items suitable for beginners, such as Merkur 34C razors, TOBS or Asylum creams, and synthetic or boar brushes.  You don't want to scare away any newbies, and they may not appreciate the high-end stuff anyway.  Once they're into the hobby and start hanging out on TSN, they'll upgrade.

Yes, this is what I was thinking too. I’ll be sure to bring business cards so they remember the site address for future.shoppibg.

48 19,395
 06-04-2018, 06:20 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You will naturally let the Master Barber do a shave on you, for demo purposes. Smile

180 24,677
 06-04-2018, 06:44 AM
User Info
I would also bring some of this.  Good stuff, at a reasonable price, and it has a barbershop look to it.  In fact, I would suggest to the barbers that they use this on all those who get a shave there, and stock some bottles on their shelf.  Most guys will like the aftershave and some will purchase a bottle on the way out.  Many guys today have never learned about aftershave.  This is a product even cart users can enjoy.

[Image: 8fxjBpk.jpg]

51 7,559
 06-04-2018, 02:49 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Excellent suggestion Ricardo. It is definitely a barbershop style aftershave.

48 19,395
 06-05-2018, 05:34 PM
User Info
(06-04-2018, 06:44 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I would also bring some of this.  Good stuff, at a reasonable price, and it has a barbershop look to it.  In fact, I would suggest to the barbers that they use this on all those who get a shave there, and stock some bottles on their shelf.  Most guys will like the aftershave and some will purchase a bottle on the way out.  Many guys today have never learned about aftershave.  This is a product even cart users can enjoy.

[Image: 8fxjBpk.jpg]

I’m a die hard cart user, have been so for 30+ years (with a 5-6 year love affair with DE’s and SE’s) why would you think cart users can’t appreciate a great badger brush, a great shaving soap and a great after shave ?

In my view cart users need all the help they can get, and a brush and a shaving soap is the best you can give to a cart user along with a course in thumb stropping.

25 6,209
 06-05-2018, 05:41 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(06-04-2018, 06:20 AM)Johnny Wrote: You will naturally let the Master Barber do a shave on you, for demo purposes. Smile

haha...not a bad idea. I did have him give me a shave about a month ago. He did a great job.

48 19,395
 06-05-2018, 07:06 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Sunny SoCal appears conducive to a groovy get-a-good-shave-everyday sort of lifestyle. Moreso than what I observe here. In California there seems to be a definite network of shavers, barber shops and dedicated retailers. I have no real proof of this of course, but it's an impression formed from surfing the web. From what I observe around my neck of the woods, Considerably More than half of males over the age of 12 are sporting the unshaved look. Again, I have no empirical evidence to support such a claim, just anecdotal observation. I look forward to hearing more about the shave event.

8 2,755