06-17-2018, 01:25 PM
User Info
Well, I got the first shave with Sicilian Lemon in this morning.  We have a winner! The lather's scent is less pronounced than the soap in the tin (plastic just doesn't sound right) but is still quite pleasant to my nose. Performance is terrific. Lathers easily for me (and not all do). Nice close shave with no instant self sacrifice (to quote Cosby from before his fall from grace). For me it definitely deserves a spot in the rotation.

Dave

1 128
 06-18-2018, 03:21 AM
User Info
2nd shave in yesterday as well. 

Gear:
Day 1
WW Blackwolf
ATTSE1
Feather blade

Day 2
WW Badger
40's Superspeed
Feather blade

Two different brushes as well as a SE and DE option. Did use Feather brand in both.

Soap lathers fantastically and as above the scent does tone down during the lather. I find it projects a more organic scent when lathered than off the tub.

I have traditionally been working towards a 3 soap maker den. As my technique has improved I find myself able to look at other artisans when I was previously hesitant to change from what simply worked. I think Eleven will easily fill an open spot in that rotation.

1 145
 06-18-2018, 05:48 PM
User Info
Mine arrived today.  Looking forward to trying the new tallow soap base.

[Image: srxUa2J.jpg]

53 7,963
 06-19-2018, 07:37 AM
User Info
Shaved with Sicilian lemon for 1st time today, very nice soap with pleasant aroma. Nice lather and very good post shave protection. Tomorrow I shave with Eleven blood orange.

54 1,258
 06-25-2018, 05:56 AM
User Info
Back when Sapone Di Paolo first began offering shaving soaps, I acquired and went through tubs of Bosco and Terroso.  I have a preference for tallow soaps, so I was interested in Paolos's new soap base.  I ordered the Cedar, Vetiver and Sweetgrass.  When the soap arrived and I checked out the scent, my immediate reaction was "I know this scent."  I didn't realize it at the time I ordered the soap, but this is the same scent as the discontinued Bosco I had enjoyed before.  It's a lovely scent, and I think Paolo did well to keep it in his new tallow formula.

Paolo describes the scent as primarily cedar.   It's well balanced scent, and the cedar does not dominate, as it does in Le Pere Lucien's Cedar-Patchouli.  The lather quality and post-shave feel are excellent, and I think switching to tallow is an improvement.  This soap is definitely in the recommended category.

[Image: RLviRcT.jpg]

53 7,963
 06-25-2018, 05:58 AM
User Info
Blood orange is very nice. I'd describe the scent as mild creamsicle. Lather is really good. This will stay in summer rotation.

54 1,258
 07-09-2018, 10:23 AM
User Info
2nd day of shaves with Blue Spruce. Wife and son both love the scent. Outdoors but not piney at all. Much richer tree note. Hard to explain but the scent is fantastic.

If you are digging the new formula you need to get Blue Spruce on the list to try.

Sent from my Samsung S8+

1 145
 07-10-2018, 06:14 AM
User Info
Have had a couple of shaves with the Eleven Sicilian Lemon and am very impressed with overall experience from fresh, clean scent to lather and protection for shave.  I could not believe how the lather exploded off the puck with little effort.  Definitely a keeper for me and will likely seek out some other varieties ( the orange piques my curiosity quite a lot).

1 90
 07-10-2018, 06:18 AM
User Info
What did you think of the splash?

For me pours like a T&S water base with no stickiness.

Sent from my Samsung S8+

1 145
 07-10-2018, 07:13 AM
User Info
Can someone comment on the new tubs?  One of the things I loved about the original was the clear, perfectly sized containers, but I see he switched to black ones.

15 607
 07-10-2018, 08:06 AM
User Info
(07-10-2018, 07:13 AM)22bulldog Wrote: Can someone comment on the new tubs?  One of the things I loved about the original was the clear, perfectly sized containers, but I see he switched to black ones.
I never used the old tubs but loading has been good. Not as wide as T&S which I have as the best tub to load from but I find it easier to load than Declaration tubs.

The black doesn't bother me to much over clear. The color dot helps with stacking.

Sent from my Samsung S8+

1 145
 07-11-2018, 03:08 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
(07-10-2018, 07:13 AM)22bulldog Wrote: Can someone comment on the new tubs?  One of the things I loved about the original was the clear, perfectly sized containers, but I see he switched to black ones.

(07-10-2018, 08:06 AM)jaxstraww Wrote:
I never used the old tubs but loading has been good. Not as wide as T&S which I have as the best tub to load from but I find it easier to load than Declaration tubs.

The black doesn't bother me to much over clear. The color dot helps with stacking.

Sent from my Samsung S8+

The tubs are the same 100mm 6oz. as they have been.  Just a new color.

I have T&S Boreal and it's also in the identical tub.  Same manufacturer.

11 703