06-12-2018, 11:20 AM
User Info
Hello all,

I've got a few razors and a handle I'm looking to acquire. The first is a British Aristocrat #16 style razor. I know the number refers to the case, and all I want is as seen in the photo below. The TTO knob that goes up as you twist, with the flat base on the bottom. If the razor has a case that's fine, but I only need one that is in relatively good looking shape to shave with.

[Image: 1948%20Aristocrat%20No16%20beschriftet%20Logo.JPG.jpg]

The second item I'm looking for is a Timeless Scalloped razor with ideally a Barbershop handle. Dimpled is a close runner up, and I would consider some others too. 

The last item I'm considering is an Aristocrat handle made by one of the various makers. Stork, Triad, UFO, Hempel, just so long as it has that classic Aristocrat knurling I would consider it if the handle falls between 85-90mm long. I don't think that will be too much of a problem as most of the ones I've seen seem to fall in that number, except for a UFO Colibri. None of the excessively heavy handles either that might have the Aristocrat knurling either, please. Found one!

Most of what I have to trade is brushes, see below for a smattering of brushes. This isn't all as I know I'm forgetting a few things. An ATT R1 razor head comes to mind ATM. Note it isn't necessary to make a straight trade as cash is on the table too.

[Image: Y7WWHqw.jpg]

Top row: Whipped Dog 30mm Mountain White, WSP Silvertip, Thiers-Issard Silvertip Real horn, Muhle Black Synthetic, Kent BLK4, Envy Shaving Silvertip in Whipped Dog Goblet, RV Strawberry Amber P8 handle with 26mm Romera Silvertip

Bottom row: Whipped Dog 30mm Silvertip, Edwin Jagger Loxley Faux Horn Silvertip, Savile Row 3118, Muhle STF 2.0 Large size in faux horn and ebony, Zenith Barberpole Silvertip, C&S Travel Aluminum brush.

Thank you all.

33 956
 06-13-2018, 11:19 AM
User Info
[Image: tqrsZ9c.jpg]

I gathered up more stuff that I can trade. Note the Gillette New Deluxe in the travel case I would only trade for a British Flat Plate Aristocrat. That's what I was trying to remember yesterday that I thought would be of especial interest for the Aristocrat.

Top row: Copper bowl, copper cup, Trumper Brush/razor stand, Thater 4295/3 2-band Fan, Duke 2 Best, Colonel X2L Best

Bottom Row: Kent BLK12, Gillette New Deluxe Milday Decollete travel set, Wee Scot Tortoiseshell, Ever Ready American Safety Razor Co Lather Catcher, TSS Palisander, Unknown English Brush

33 956
 06-13-2018, 06:53 PM
  • e-dub
  • right brain: bna. left brain: dtw.
User Info
Bottom right on the second photo looks like a Kent.

46 724
 06-13-2018, 07:30 PM
User Info
(06-13-2018, 06:53 PM)e-dub Wrote: Bottom right on the second photo looks like a Kent.

[Image: 3OKqbuE.jpg]
Looks quite similar to the brush in a Trumper Catalog. I'm sure they had some Kent models at one time. drP's Curvaceous Beauty he's posted in various threads is a dead ringer for what I have.

[Image: cvTJXGs.jpg]

The two do look similar, but Kent was not the originator of this brush from what I remember. I haven't tracked down the information again yet, but I believe the B&B LE 09 was inspired by the brush of drP's nicknamed Curvaceous Beauty. I've called this large brush that name several times as it seems to be such a fitting name.

Scratch that. Found nothing backing that up. I think it might possibly be there, but I'll probably just have to save it for a time for when I'm willing to look post by post more thoroughly. Did find some of the old info I had forgotten about though. To me it's an interesting thing.

33 956
 06-14-2018, 10:22 PM
User Info
Let's switch this to a pure WTB thread. Let me know if you have either of these two items.

33 956
 06-16-2018, 02:53 PM
User Info
Thank you everyone. I found both the Timeless razor and Flat Base Aristocrat, so this tread can be closed now.

33 956