06-16-2018, 04:05 PM
User Info
I just bought a Gillette Fat Boy from Obie and got it today. Took it out for a test shave and it is as fantastic as I remember. Bought one in 1966 and it went to college, the army and business travels until my luggage was lost along with the razor. I am guilty of buying all the new razors that come out especially the adjustable DE's. My observation after shaving with the Fat Boy is that Gillette doesn't have to take second fiddle to any company that makes adjustable razors. This is a top quality razor, the dial and butterfly work smooth as silk after all these years. Got a smooth shave irritation free. MADE IN AMERICA CAN STILL TURN OUT GREAT MANUFACTURED PRODUCTS!

8 180
 06-16-2018, 04:52 PM
User Info
They certainly did in 1962.

2 357
 06-17-2018, 01:56 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(06-16-2018, 04:05 PM)A CUT ABOVE Wrote: I just bought a Gillette Fat Boy from Obie and got it today.  Took it out for a test shave and it is as fantastic as I remember.  Bought one in 1966 and it went to college, the army and business travels until my luggage was lost along with the razor.  I am guilty of buying all the new razors that come out especially the adjustable DE's.  My observation after shaving with the Fat Boy is that Gillette doesn't have to take second fiddle to any company that makes adjustable razors.  This is a top quality razor, the dial and butterfly work smooth as silk after all these years.  Got a smooth shave irritation free.  MADE IN AMERICA CAN STILL TURN OUT GREAT MANUFACTURED PRODUCTS!

I just happen to be in the middle of a run with my Fat Boy and a NOS Gillette Platinum Plus. To say it's satisfying would be a drastic understatement.

8 2,531
 07-16-2018, 07:05 AM
User Info
I have a 1959 Model 195 - Fat Boy and they are nice, well made and heavy in the hand which I like, still great razors. 
This razor has 2 years on me and works wonderfully. I get smooth shaves irritation free, a great DE razor.

I got it from a friend who bailed on DE wet shaving (bought 5 so far) gave him a fair price, I'll be sending them in to Razor emporium for "Tune-up" service.

0 33
 07-17-2018, 06:43 PM
User Info
Ya and current market has doubled in the last 3 years. Revamps are like $130-299, but would rather pay for those than the modern attempts.

New company’s trying to make updated versions, and failing. Example Model-T, kickstart was over 2 years ago. Rex Ambassador, well it’s made by Razor Emporium.
Wish I never sold my E set years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 427
 07-29-2018, 01:53 PM
User Info
I have 3 of them, and love them. Great shavers and so cool looking!

1 24
 07-29-2018, 02:11 PM
User Info
I got a D4 rhodium revamp done by eastbayrestoration coming Tuesday or Wednesday.

[Image: DRkJ2C0.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 427