06-18-2018, 11:33 AM
User Info
I was browsing some of the artisan shave soap web sites and came upon this new-ish scent from Dr. Jon's, called 1803.  Moderator Note:  Link to website not affiliated with TSN removed.  Being an Ohioan born and raised, I'm tempted to send away for it, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has tried it and if so, what you thought of it.  Having gotten the Arctic Hydra soap via PIF and liked it a lot, I'm not worried if it'll perform, rather, I just want to know what other people's experience was with the scent.

0 119
 06-18-2018, 11:35 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Are you currently living in Ohio? There is a Brisk and Mortar store here that sells the line, and you can shop with your nose.

As far as performance goes, I've used Dr. Jon's, and the performance is great.

22 866
 06-18-2018, 11:44 AM
User Info
(06-18-2018, 11:35 AM)chamm Wrote: Are you currently living in Ohio? There is a Brisk and Mortar store here that sells the line, and you can shop with your nose.

As far as performance goes, I've used Dr. Jon's, and the performance is great.

As it happens, I do live in Ohio—Cleveland/Cleveland Heights border.  Which brick and mortar would that be, if I may ask?  If I can go buy a tin without having to order online, that would be great.  Thanks!

And yes, Dr. Jon's is awesome.  A lot of guys think tallow-based soaps and creams are the best, but I've used tallow-base that was less than stellar and really, I think it's more on the skill of the soap-cream maker than the specific ingredients.

0 119
 06-18-2018, 11:47 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
The one I frequent around here is River's Edge Cutlery in Hilliard, OH. If you're near Cleveland, it'd be quite a haul for you, but if you're ever down near Columbus, it's worth a visit.

22 866
 06-18-2018, 11:54 AM
User Info
(06-18-2018, 11:47 AM)chamm Wrote: The one I frequent around here is River's Edge Cutlery in Hilliard, OH. If you're near Cleveland, it'd be quite a haul for you, but if you're ever down near Columbus, it's worth a visit.

Ooh, okay.  I don't have a car, so getting down to Columbus would be quite out of the way for me.  But good to know there are stores in Ohio that carry the line.  I've been thinking lately about opening up my own online shaving gear shop, but my credit history is bad enough that securing a loan is just not feasible.  And besides, I've already got a freelance film and photography business I'm trying to raise capital for.

0 119