07-03-2018, 01:51 PM
User Info
On the website it says that the licensing piece is good to go...I am sure that’s the case! Fingers crossed, because I love these products!

Vr

Matt

(07-01-2018, 07:38 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: Two things:

1. You would have more counter space if you ditched that electic toothbrush.

2. I wonder if the vendor has licensed all the Hemingway rights he/she needs to carry these products. (Sorry, IP licensing is a huge part of my job.)

Anyway, it sounds like a suite of great products!

10 405
 07-04-2018, 06:09 AM
User Info
Ha!  It looks like I will have three shortly...checked my junk email on a whim, and they sent out a coupon code for 20% off...so I jumped all over it and ordered a 3rd!

Happy Birthday USA!

Vr

Matt

(06-24-2018, 05:52 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 05:19 AM)Ols67 Wrote: Yeah...this may be a little bit silly, but I like this cream so much I just bought a second one.  The only doubles I have are of Castle Forbes lime and Klar Seifen Classic!

It can't be that great if you only have one backup. Biggrin 

Seriously though, it's nice to find a soap/cream that totally hits the sweet spot.  Enjoy.

[Image: k36Cbam.jpg]

10 405
 08-28-2018, 03:35 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
Based largely on Matt’s enthusiasm, and the review of my neighbor and friend, John (churchillafemme?), I bought the cream and aftershave splash about a month ago. I was sceptical about the branding and licensing, and the price, but I was also at the peak of my various ADs. (The inflammation has died down a bit since then.)

I’ve used these products a half dozen times now, and every time I love them, but always ask myself if I am experiencing luxury-pricing-bias, i.e., the age old question: do I like this because it’s good, or because I forked over a lot of dough and, ergo, it must be good? I’ll keep questioning myself (although myself rarely has an answer...), but early returns are that these products are really, really good.

The scent is amazing, and with the splash it lasts a good long time. The cream creates an easy lather that’s easy to adjust from thick to thin, and that’s very slick and effective. And the aftershave splash is filled with skin food. In fact, I visit the Hemingway site from time to time to contemplate another purchase I don’t need...

10 538
 08-28-2018, 05:26 PM
User Info
Ha! This is crazy! Out of all my products, I said to myself yesterday, “Tomorrow is a Hemingway day!”

So this morning I used my 1946-1947 Gillette Aristocrat with a fresh Voskhod blade, my Paladin Winston with the jade handle, and the Hemingway suite of products (cream, aftershave, and balm). To finish it off I used the Penhaligons BB (favored by Winston Churchill) Edt, and it all combined for a dynamite experience!

This evening, I was thinking about what to use tomorrow, and I came up with not changing a single thing!

To use the same exact razor, blade, and shaving products twice in a row is unheard of for me!

I am certain that this is not price bias for me...while we are all susceptible to it, I have no problem calling something trash no matter how much I spend...on the flip side of things...I have a Ralf Aust plain Jane razor with black plastic scales that I bought from Obie for $105...I consider it my price shaver over much more expensive cutthroats...it’s just that good!

Vr

Matt

10 405
 08-29-2018, 02:12 PM
User Info
(08-28-2018, 05:26 PM)Ols67 Wrote: Ha!  This is crazy!  Out of all my products, I said to myself yesterday, “Tomorrow is a Hemingway day!”

So this morning I used my 1946-1947 Gillette Aristocrat with a fresh Voskhod blade, my Paladin Winston with the jade handle, and the Hemingway suite of products (cream, aftershave, and balm).  To finish it off I used the Penhaligons BB (favored by Winston Churchill) Edt, and it all combined for a dynamite experience!

This evening, I was thinking about what to use tomorrow, and I came up with not changing a single thing!

To use the same exact razor, blade, and shaving products twice in a row is unheard of for me!

I am certain that this is not price bias for me...while we are all susceptible to it, I have no problem calling something trash no matter how much I spend...on the flip side of things...I have a Ralf Aust plain Jane razor with black plastic scales that I bought from Obie for $105...I consider it my price shaver over much more expensive cutthroats...it’s just that good!

Vr

Matt

Quite an amazing shave with these products again this morning...tomorrow I am going to try Australian Private Reserve products.  We will see how they stack up!

Vr

Matt

10 405
 08-31-2018, 03:50 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I just ordered backups of the cream and splash, at 20% off, and got a bottle of the face elixir tossed in for free. I can’t believe I just did that. But it’s one of the few products that leaps to top of mind when thinking about what to use tomorrow...

10 538
 08-31-2018, 04:41 PM
User Info
(08-31-2018, 03:50 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I just ordered backups of the cream and splash, at 20% off, and got a bottle of the face elixir tossed in for free. I can’t believe I just did that. But it’s one of the few products that leaps to top of mind when thinking about what to use tomorrow...

Well done! I have three jars of the cream now, so I am holding off on buying anymore even though they have the 20% thing going. I plan to buy the full set again during the next father’s day sale (or perhaps Black Friday if they have one!)!

Have a great weekend!

Vr

Matt

10 405