09-06-2012, 11:10 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I just received the new Tradere 2nd Gen OC razor along with some Polsiver Super Iridium Blades from Phil. I didn't have time to post pictures but I think everyone knows what a Tradere razor looks like.

Tradere 2nd Gen OC razor
This is one beautiful and well balanced razor that shaves like a dream. Three passes smooth as silk and without a trace of irritation. I don't own the original Tradere but word was it was aggressive. This razor is not aggressive just extremely efficient. In some ways I compare the head to a current iKon razor like the S3S but the open comb side. I really love this razor and would recommend it highly to anyone who is willing to spend the bucks for it.
Richard has made a really nice razor and I thank him.

Polsilver Super Iridium - You got to get yourself some of these because you never know when they will stop making them (again). This blade is the creme de la creme of blades. If you can get a better blade buy it. Extremely smooth and sharp. Wow

100 12,449
 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Very nice review. Thank you Jerry.

116 3,804
 09-07-2012, 06:12 AM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
Glad your enjoying it Jerry!!

115 1,692
 09-07-2012, 06:47 AM
  • Loganpass
  • The Razor Runs Through It
  • Montana, USA
User Info
Agreed, this razor is a keeper! Thanks for the review.

2 20
 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM
User Info
Jerry, good to hear that you had success with the Tradere!

75 20,883
 09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Jerry,
Very glad that you are liking the razor!

So, in your opinion, are the Polsilver Super Iridiums definitively the same blade as the Super Iridium just re-branded?

There has been so much debate about this and still, people are claiming that they are different blades, even myself. I probably don't have enough experience yet and I need to blind test them in the same razor under the same conditions. What are your thoughts?

6 905
 09-08-2012, 04:38 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-07-2012, 06:09 PM)EHV Wrote: Jerry,

So, in your opinion, are the Polsilver Super Iridiums definitively the same blade as the Super Iridium just re-branded?

There has been so much debate about this and still, people are claiming that they are different blades, even myself. I probably don't have enough experience yet and I need to blind test them in the same razor under the same conditions. What are your thoughts?

The Polsilver SI is equal or better then any blade out there today. IMHO. I think this current blade has been re-packaged several times but its the same blade. Some years ago we had Polsilver as a stand alone blade and Iridium as another stand alone. If you ask me these blades are all the same. The acid test with the new Polsilver SI will be to use it in other razors which I plan on doing.

100 12,449
 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Jerry, thanks for the nice review.

173 23,553
 09-08-2012, 09:30 AM
User Info
Excellent review Jerry Biggrin

I was sent the original Tradere OC to test by a member that wished to remain anonymous. I did not enjoy it, as I found it was too aggressive for my liking.

Richard produces beautiful razors, glad to hear that he listened to customer feedback and made some minor improvements. It may be time to revisit the Tradere.

You are right about the Polsilver Super Iridiums, I love them so much I just scored 400 of them.

5 833
 09-08-2012, 11:12 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-08-2012, 09:30 AM)Azarius Wrote: Excellent review Jerry Biggrin

I was sent the original Tradere OC to test by a member that wished to remain anonymous. I did not enjoy it, as I found it was too aggressive for my liking.

Richard produces beautiful razors, glad to hear that he listened to customer feedback and made some minor improvements. It may be time to revisit the Tradere.

You are right about the Polsilver Super Iridiums, I love them so much I just scored 400 of them.

Holy Moly 400 Polsilver SI blades.
So if they stop making them I know who to beg to sell me some.

I can't compare the original Tradere OC with the 2nd gen but what you say about aggressiveness seems to be what most other guys are saying. The new 2nd gen is a sweet razor. I think Richard hit the nail on the head.

100 12,449
 09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Thank you Jerry!

Please keep us updated with your continued thoughts.
I still cannot discern if there is any distinct difference in the blades. I will attempt a proper test at some point. Meanwhile, I agree that the blades are fantastic no matter what. Now, I just need a new Tradere. Wink

(09-08-2012, 04:38 AM)slantman Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 06:09 PM)EHV Wrote: Jerry,

The Polsilver SI is equal or better then any blade out there today. IMHO. I think this current blade has been re-packaged several times but its the same blade. Some years ago we had Polsilver as a stand alone blade and Iridium as another stand alone. If you ask me these blades are all the same. The acid test with the new Polsilver SI will be to use it in other razors which I plan on doing.

6 905
 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
For tomorrow's shave I loaded a fresh Personna Hospital stainless blade. We will see what happens but I am confident the shave will be excellent.

100 12,449
 09-09-2012, 04:48 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
As promised I switched blades from the Polsilver Super Iridium to a Personna Hospital stainless. Fantastic results as the hospital blade was very smooth and sharp. I will continue with this blade to see how it holds up after a few days of steady use. So far i am very impressed with this razor.

100 12,449
 09-09-2012, 07:45 AM
User Info
The Iridiums are my favorite blades, but the Med Preps are a close 2nd. Great blade.

9 1,199
 09-10-2012, 07:15 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
The Tradere 2nd Gen Oc and Personna Hospital blade continue to give me an outstanding smooth and close shave. As time goes on I will use different blades to see if there is a difference in shave quality. But this is an outstanding razor.

100 12,449