07-01-2018, 09:39 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

The best part of shaving for me is the lathering, especially with a luxurious brush. With my ultra sensitive skin, the decision is made for me to buy nothing but the best — within my budget, of course. I offer two brushes here that are pure luxury, with beautiful knots, albeit slightly bigger than I'm comfortable with. Both brushes have been used about a handful of times and are in perfect shape. Neither brush has lost a single hair. The price for each includes U.S. shipping. Paypal is fine; no trades, please. Thanks.

Simpson Persian Jar 3 in super badger.
There is something magical about Simpson brushes in the super knots. I haven't been able to put my finger on it, even though I have used them for years. In truth, though, I don't like the Simpson "best" knots, as I find them too scratchy. For me, only the super knots. The Persian Jar 3 super offered here is a beautiful brush but a wee bit larger than I like. I prefer the PJ2 super, and have one on order. That's why I offer PJ3 super for sale. This one combines about a 25mm knot with about a 53mm loft. The brush is dense with medium backbone and lovely soft tips. And what a bloom! I love this brush, but I wish it were a wee bit smaller. New, the brush is $220; your price is $175.[Image: nuetfKs.jpg]
[Image: 8KbHlMJ.jpg]

Thater 4292/5 two band finest silvertip brush in the faux horn handle.
This brush combines a medium dense knot with medium backbone and sweetens the face feel with tips that are pure silk. The 25mm knot is set to a 54mm loft, and the brush is well suited for both face or bowl lathering. What's curious about these Thater brushes is that when dry, they feel coarse — until they hit water and then silk forms. New, the brush is $162.99. Your price is $135.
[Image: kM1lLs8.jpg][Image: jMc5lGF.jpg]

200 4,201
 07-01-2018, 10:40 AM
User Info
That Thater looks awesome Obie! Someone is sure to enjoy that! I would have snapped that right up had I not bought so much stuff this last week!

GLWTS!

Vr

Matt

32 1,809
 07-01-2018, 10:49 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(07-01-2018, 10:40 AM)Ols67 Wrote: That Thater looks awesome Obie!  Someone is sure to enjoy that!  I would have snapped that right up had I not bought so much stuff this last week!

GLWTS!

Vr

Matt
Matt,
I've always liked Thater finest silvertip and the two-band finest silvertip brushes. They don't lose hair and the tips are exceptionally sweet. Had this been a wee bit smaller knot I would have kept it. When this one sells, I'll order the 23mm knot version, which will be the ideal knot for my taste.

200 4,201
 07-02-2018, 02:05 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
+1 on Simpson's Super. I recently got a CH-1 in Super and I love it. I've had several Simpson brushes in Best from different eras and none were even close. It's been a while since I've had a Thater in the rotation, but I remember my 4125 2 band being as you described: hard spikes when dry, but silky soft tips once they get some water and lather in them.

16 924
 07-02-2018, 02:20 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(07-02-2018, 02:05 PM)Puma Wrote: +1 on Simpson's Super. I recently got a CH-1 in Super and I love it. I've had several Simpson brushes in Best from different eras and none were even close. It's been a while since I've had a Thater in the rotation, but I remember my 4125 2 band being as you described: hard spikes when dry, but silky soft tips once they get some water and lather in them.

Puma, my friend, so many great brushes. I wish I could have all of them. I'd probably never leave the shave den.
Yes, the Simpson super badger knot is incredible. And the Thater is pure heaven when lathering. I'm almost tempted to withdraw both from the BST, even though they're a wee bit large for me.

200 4,201
 07-02-2018, 10:09 PM
User Info
Beautiful brushes Obie. I've bought from Obie in the past, and a great individual to buy from.

33 956
 07-02-2018, 11:10 PM
User Info
(07-02-2018, 10:09 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Beautiful brushes Obie. I've bought from Obie in the past, and a great individual to buy from.

AGREED..
ALWAYS A PLEASURE..

30 411
 07-03-2018, 04:43 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
Thank you for the kind words. The feeling is mutual.
As for the brushes, they are sweet, indeed. I must say, I am starting to have second thoughts about letting them go. OY!

200 4,201