07-05-2018, 03:24 PM
User Info
I've really admired Tim's excellent craftsmanship and am sad to see that he won't be offering custom razors anymore. Good news is that it looks like he plans to focus on more standardized models from now on.

1 7
 07-06-2018, 04:46 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
That’s a shame. Did he stop completely or did he just stop taking orders?

Could be he’s just backlogged with orders.

173 1,562
 07-06-2018, 08:54 AM
User Info
His boy Nate Zowada makes a hell of a razor! His are definitely worth checking out... Nate’s Straights on google.

Vr

Matt

11 470
 07-06-2018, 11:46 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(07-06-2018, 04:46 AM)Steelman Wrote: That’s a shame. Did he stop completely or did he just stop taking orders?

Could be he’s just backlogged with orders.

I think Tim was feeling overwhelmed with so many orders and having difficulty completing them in a timely manner. I recently received mine after about a year and a half from the time of order. It was well worth the wait, but I can understand his always feeling behind and probably feeling some pressure to get them out sooner. He will be making razors and putting them on his website, however. Cedric Christ (Ali's Blades) does take custom orders, but I've purchased three from his website that I'm just as pleased with as my custom razors. Perhaps more so, as he is certainly more creative in his design than I would have been.

38 5,629