09-06-2012, 03:54 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are Israelis of Moroccan Jewish origin, and as I'm sure everyone here knows, I'm Israeli of Russian Jewish origin. Well, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law recently returned from Morocco where they went on a hilloula, which is a pilgrimage to towns where famous Moroccan rabbis who were revered as saints are buried. (I went on several of these hilloulas also in the past) Prayers are recited at the graves of these rabbis, and there is singing, dancing, and feasting. Anyway, I was not expecting anything related to shaving from them, and when they came over to visit us on Sunday, Miriam, my lovely sister-in-law, told her husband in French,"Leon, give Jeff the Palmolive creams". When I heard that, I nearly passed out! Well, yes - this is Palmolive Classic cream from Morocco!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Rich, creamy, and so easy to work with.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Stable as you want it!

General skincare: 10/10--Perfect. Very moisturizing and soothing.

Scent: 5/10--Ohhhh boy - not nice. Too similar to the US version.

Price: N/A--I really don't know. I imagine it's cheap as hell in Morocco.

Would I buy again: 7/10--For the lather and skincare, perhaps.

I believe this version of Palmolive is marketed for North African countries such as Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, as well as for Egypt and West and Central Africa. It's excellent in the lather and performance departments, but the scent is nothing at all like the European Palmolive Classic. Still, a 100% honestly-working cream.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 09-06-2012, 04:46 PM
User Info
Jeff, I wonder if this version is different from the one marketed in Portugal/France/UK, etc. Do you have any insight on this?

2 5,532
 09-06-2012, 04:46 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
So,some of your relatives are Sepharads.

I used to live in front of Morocco and never saw that shaving cream.

Thanks for the review,Jeff.

86 7,124
 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(09-06-2012, 04:46 PM)Teiste Wrote: So,some of your relatives are Sepharads.

I used to live in front of Morocco and never saw that shaving cream.

Thanks for the review,Jeff.

Ahhhhhhhh, Teiste - God bless you, my dear friend. You know about the Sephardim and the Ashkenazim. Smile I am Ashkenazi, and my wife and her family are Sephardic. Emanuel, this version of Palmolive Classic is very different in the scent from the Palmolive Classic cream which is sold in Spain, Portugal, Germany, and the rest of Europe. Every other feature is pretty well the same. Great lather and soothing, comfortable skincare are a guarantee from both of these versions.

3 2,562
 09-06-2012, 06:54 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Jeff,yes I know a little bit about Sephardic since I think that my ancestors could have been sephardies.

Palmolive is not sold in Spain,my friend,which is a pity.

86 7,124
 09-07-2012, 12:59 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Teiste, when people see me, they swear that I am also Sephardic because I am dark-skinned like my wife. I even speak Moroccan Arabic fluently. I didn't know that Palmolive is not sold in Spain. Blush

3 2,562
 09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I'm rather surprised too, Teiste, that Palmolive is not sold in Spain. I wonder why not. Hmm

2 11,211
 09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(09-07-2012, 01:43 PM)freddy Wrote: I'm rather surprised too, Teiste, that Palmolive is not sold in Spain. I wonder why not. Hmm

Freddy, I would have sworn that the same Palmolive Menthol cream which is sold in Italy was also available in Spain. It shows how wrong I am. Sad Huh

3 2,562