07-12-2018, 04:54 AM
User Info
Any views on this razor? I gather they are made well in ss.

0 202
 07-12-2018, 06:35 AM
User Info
You mean Razorock ? If so....I have an aluminum and titanium Baby Soft, but none of their SS.
The Baby Softs are well made .

1 1,073
 07-12-2018, 02:44 PM
User Info
all of their razors are good, I have the Wunderbar slant, Mamba and Game Changer in 316L SS and the Baby Smooth in titanium

0 272
 07-15-2018, 06:42 PM
User Info
I'd guess the OP is probably asking about the Game Changer, but its it's  a guess.  
It's certainly the latest, greatest from RazoRock.

3 2,011
 07-29-2018, 05:32 PM
User Info
Slab is good offering from them.

4 13
 07-29-2018, 07:36 PM
User Info
Razorock it’s an excellent shaving company from Canada and based in Ontario. It’s well known for the quality of their products and specially for their amazing prices. I am waiting for the new release of their slant Wunderbar by late October 2018 and I own the Hawk Aluminium that is a SE that delivers efficient shaves every time. The reviews of all their razors are superb.
Which one exactly of their DE do you have in mind Roy?

0 26
 07-30-2018, 03:12 AM
User Info
(07-29-2018, 07:36 PM)FedeMore Wrote: Razorock it’s an excellent shaving company from Canada and based in Ontario. It’s well known for the quality of their products and specially for their amazing prices. I am waiting for the new release of their slant Wunderbar by late October 2018 and I own the Hawk Aluminium that is a SE that delivers efficient shaves every time. The reviews of all their razors are superb.

Probably the Mamba.  They seem up there with the more expensive Steel razors.

0 202
 07-30-2018, 03:31 PM
User Info
(07-30-2018, 03:12 AM)Roy Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 07:36 PM)FedeMore Wrote: Razorock it’s an excellent shaving company from Canada and based in Ontario. It’s well known for the quality of their products and specially for their amazing prices. I am waiting for the new release of their slant Wunderbar by late October 2018 and I own the Hawk Aluminium that is a SE that delivers efficient shaves every time. The reviews of all their razors are superb.

I have just checked on their website. The SS 316L Mamba sells for $50. Is that the one you’re referring to?

0 26
 08-01-2018, 02:23 PM
User Info
Check out the one they call the Game Changer.

3 2,011
 09-19-2018, 04:34 AM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Is it razor sharp? Works for me..
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
They just released the .84 gap version base plate for the Gamechanger last week and there have been some positive initial reviews so far. Still retaining the smoothness from the original .68 gap plate yet, feeling a bit more efficient and just a tad more blade feel. And for $55. Heck of a deal.....

1 320
 09-19-2018, 05:05 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
Will be available a complete full razor RazoRock Game Changer with 0,84mm gap?
If yes, when?

It looks great the new plate, but I've not the GC alone ... and both separately are quite expencive for me.

0 2,252
 09-19-2018, 05:10 AM
User Info
(07-30-2018, 03:12 AM)Roy Wrote:

Roy,
I have the Mamba and it is a nice well made razor that is excellent value for the money. My, personal, concern with the Mamba is that it is very mild. I don't think of myself as an aggressive razor junkie but I don't find myself reaching for the Mamba often.
Dave

1 155
 09-20-2018, 03:42 AM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
Finally decided to give the Gamechanger with the .84-P base plate a go. 2 passes plus touch ups and an awesome first shave that was nearly BBS minus a couple of spots around Sir Adam.

Retains practically all of the smoothness from the original but, gets a bit of a bump in efficiency. Really a good compromise between smooth and efficient. Blade feel is minimal yet, I do feel a tiny bit more of it than from the .68 base plate. 

Fit and finish is excellent with exacting tolerances from CNC machining. No, it's not Wolfman, Paradigm , Timeless or Raw Shaving finish quality but, for the price it's really hard to nit pick.

It's a great deal for the quality, workmanship and performance it delivers. It might not have the premium uber luxury look or name but, it delivers a premium quality shave that punches way above its weight.....

[Image: mVgSoEz.jpg]

1 320
 09-20-2018, 04:43 AM
User Info
(09-20-2018, 03:42 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: Finally decided to give the Gamechanger with the .84-P base plate a go. 2 passes plus touch ups and an awesome first shave that was nearly BBS minus a couple of spots around Sir Adam.

Retains practically all of the smoothness from the original but, gets a bit of a bump in efficiency. Really a good compromise between smooth and efficient. Blade feel is minimal yet, I do feel a tiny bit more of it than from the .68 base plate. 

Fit and finish is excellent with exacting tolerances from CNC machining. No, it's not Wolfman, Paradigm , Timeless or Raw Shaving finish quality but, for the price it's really hard to nit pick.

It's a great deal for the quality, workmanship and performance it delivers. It might not have the premium uber luxury look or name but, it delivers a premium quality shave that punches way above its weight.....

I got my RR Gamechanger yesterday, and I was a little bit disappointed to be honest.

First: the packaging is simply "meh" - a tiny, thin cardboard box, holding the razor that's itself wrapped in thin, white paper. Even the cheapest Merkur DE's are better packaged.

Second: the finish. I understand one should not expect a luxury item within this price range, but I think the finish should/could have been better. The top cap and base plate both have ever so small scratches upon them, it looks like they had been carried around for a while in the pockets of some jeans. Stainless steel will get these wear marks over time, I know, but I didn't expect it with a brand new, out-of-the-box razor.

Third: this is just my opinion, but I find blade alignment is below par, as the knobs to hold the blade are placed on the base plate, not the bottom ot the top cap.

The shave this morning was pretty good with a Polsilver blade.

I think, it's okay for the 70 € I paid for it, but still I might pass this razor on, and get a decent brush for the money.

4 265
 09-21-2018, 04:09 AM
User Info
I don't have this razor and only shave with a Ti Timeless .95 SB, but what does it matter where the nodes are for holding a blade? As long as they are either on the base plate or top cap they will still hold the blade the same, right?

4 170
 09-21-2018, 05:19 AM
User Info
(09-21-2018, 04:09 AM)MikeL Wrote: I don't have this razor and only shave with a Ti Timeless .95 SB, but what does it matter where the nodes are for holding a blade? As long as they are either on the base plate or top cap they will still hold the blade the same, right?

It’s just a minor inconvenience, still I just don't like it, is all. To each their own, as they say.

4 265
 09-21-2018, 01:42 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
(09-20-2018, 04:43 AM)LithiumDawn Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:42 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: Finally decided to give the Gamechanger with the .84-P base plate a go. 2 passes plus touch ups and an awesome first shave that was nearly BBS minus a couple of spots around Sir Adam.

I got my RR Gamechanger yesterday, and I was a little bit disappointed to be honest.

First: the packaging is simply "meh" - a tiny, thin cardboard box, holding the razor that's itself wrapped in thin, white paper. Even the cheapest Merkur DE's are better packaged.

Second: the finish. I understand one should not expect a luxury item within this price range, but I think the finish should/could have been better. The top cap and base plate both have ever so small scratches upon them, it looks like they had been carried around for a while in the pockets of some jeans. Stainless steel will get these wear marks over time, I know, but I didn't expect it with a brand new, out-of-the-box razor.

Third: this is just my opinion, but I find blade alignment is below par, as the knobs to hold the blade are placed on the base plate, not the bottom ot the top cap.

I think, it's okay for the 70 € I paid for it, but still I might pass this razor on, and get a decent brush for the money.

Understood. But, not to be confrontational or coming off as being obtuse, in your valued opinion, what would you rather have?

Option A: An elegantly packaged razor that is foam or velour wrapped in first class material that is housing a razor made of zamak, zinc or magnesium blended alloys that is inconsistent in its chroming and finishing manufacturing processes or quality control including blade alignment issues because of improper molding casings that, if used with supreme care and one being meticulous of usage can perhaps get a fews years of good usage. It has been well documented on many a shaving forum the issue of poor quality and failure within a couple of months from specific razors such as Merkur, Muhle and a few others. But, they did have wonderful packaging. Maybe a new trend can be started and we can pass down the wonderful and amazing packaging to our sons and daughters and to hell with so so or mediocre razors. Who needs to hang on to a heirloom piece anyway?

Or.....

Option B: A small,  semi flimsy looking box that probably can't hold a handful of Raisinettes, Sno-Caps or Ju Ju Bees, with a razor wrapped in a weak lens cleaning tissue paper that still has some lint in it from when John Doe ran it over to the tumbler and pulled a few top caps and base plates out of his work pants or shirt, poured in some solvent cleaner and tumbled and shaked like a vibrating bed over at the Rise & Shine Motel to get them to a decent semi polished look. Maybe a couple pieces with the sand bags that was inserted in the all night shake-o-matic to give it that matte polished look happened to get some microscopic marks and scratches during the process. Mind you now, it's a razor of 316L SS alloy (Yes, Marine quality grade) CNC machined to exacting specs and tolerances (not casted, molded or forged) in which the alloy will last a couple centuries if not millennia. 

I know what your thinking. It's quite the dilemma honestly.

For me, I'll jump out on a limb and opt for Option B. Yes, Option A has that sweet looking packaging that I can repurpose into a cufflinks holder or even better yet, if it's of quality 3 layer packaging board it can be used for creating Origami and a beautiful Swan. 

But, in the end I need to shave and want something thats precise and will last at least until I leave this good earth. Again, that's just me. Those are my priorites and honestly, I haven't seen anyone yet shave with packaging. 

Darn it! The razor alignment posts are on the wrong part! Sacrifices have to be made at times. I can live with it and so can others....

1 320
 09-21-2018, 01:50 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
 09-21-2018, 04:25 PM
User Info
(09-21-2018, 01:42 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 04:43 AM)LithiumDawn Wrote:

Understood. But, not to be confrontational or coming off as being obtuse, in your valued opinion, what would you rather have?

Option A: An elegantly packaged razor that is foam or velour wrapped in first class material that is housing a razor made of zamak, zinc or magnesium blended alloys that is inconsistent in its chroming and finishing manufacturing processes or quality control including blade alignment issues because of improper molding casings that, if used with supreme care and one being meticulous of usage can perhaps get a fews years of good usage. It has been well documented on many a shaving forum the issue of poor quality and failure within a couple of months from specific razors such as Merkur, Muhle and a few others. But, they did have wonderful packaging. Maybe a new trend can be started and we can pass down the wonderful and amazing packaging to our sons and daughters and to hell with so so or mediocre razors. Who needs to hang on to a heirloom piece anyway?

Or.....

Option B: A small,  semi flimsy looking box that probably can't hold a handful of Raisinettes, Sno-Caps or Ju Ju Bees, with a razor wrapped in a weak lens cleaning tissue paper that still has some lint in it from when John Doe ran it over to the tumbler and pulled a few top caps and base plates out of his work pants or shirt, poured in some solvent cleaner and tumbled and shaked like a vibrating bed over at the Rise & Shine Motel to get them to a decent semi polished look. Maybe a couple pieces with the sand bags that was inserted in the all night shake-o-matic to give it that matte polished look happened to get some microscopic marks and scratches during the process. Mind you now, it's a razor of 316L SS alloy (Yes, Marine quality grade) CNC machined to exacting specs and tolerances (not casted, molded or forged) in which the alloy will last a couple centuries if not millennia. 

I know what your thinking. It's quite the dilemma honestly.

For me, I'll jump out on a limb and opt for Option B. Yes, Option A has that sweet looking packaging that I can repurpose into a cufflinks holder or even better yet, if it's of quality 3 layer packaging board it can be used for creating Origami and a beautiful Swan. 

But, in the end I need to shave and want something thats precise and will last at least until I leave this good earth. Again, that's just me. Those are my priorites and honestly, I haven't seen anyone yet shave with packaging. 

Darn it! The razor alignment posts are on the wrong part! Sacrifices have to be made at times. I can live with it and so can others....

Or option 3--- A razor like Charcoal Goods, Blackland, Paradigm,ASylum RX or RS Shaving that has both nice packaging and looks and shaves better than any razor in option 2---I'll take option 3 anytime.

2 114
 09-21-2018, 05:28 PM
User Info
LithiumDawn has a point with No. 3. 

I can't see why it would be easier/cheaper/faster to index the blade off the base than the top cap.  For that matter wouldn't it be easier/cheaper/faster and more precise to index the blade linear ala Gillette Tech than round thingys?  I am not a machist and would love to know the answer.

Full disclosure I own a RR-GC and have the 084 base coming.  I think it is a fine shaver and I appreciate the workman like finish at the workman like price.  Regarding packaging, uh Simpson... so, yeah...

2 198