07-12-2018, 06:26 AM
User Info
[Image: IMG_5990.jpg?v=1487781326]
I just missed being able to buy a tin of this, and I'm really disappointed because I was looking forward to buying a tin (I was, however, able to get one of the last batch of Arctic Hydra for a while).  Although I'm unable to offer a first-hand review of this probably excellent vegan soap, I wanted to start a discussion of some of the ingredients listed on the web site.

Moderator Note:  Cut and paste from the website of a vendor not affiliated with TSN deleted.

Well, being familiar with slippery elm from an herbal tea I used for my throat earlier this year (I had a long and extended bout of congestion from a viral infection over the winter), I don't doubt for a moment that its use in the soap would provide for extra slickness.  But what are your thoughts?  Has anyone tried this?

0 113
 07-12-2018, 07:04 AM
User Info
Well...!  I remembered that a more local retailer in Ohio (Straight Razor Designs in case you're curious) carries this soap, and fortunately, was not sold out on its web site.  So naturally, I couldn't resist and ordered it.  It should arrive in a couple of days, so I will give a review when I get and use it.

0 113
 07-18-2018, 08:40 AM
User Info
Okay, I got this in the mail the other day and used it.  Here is my review.

Moderator Note:  Cut and paste from the website of a vendor not affiliated with TSN deleted.

To my nose, it smelled like a soy candle with woodsy, floral aroma.  It's not at all unpleasant or unmanly.  But if you're against soy candles on principle, you might not care for it.  Still, I thought the scent was pretty interesting.

The lather itself is incredibly slick, owing much to the slippery elm bark added to the formula.  I used a Shark blade, which turned out to be a bad choice because it was rather harsh on my face and diminished the experience for me.  But I credit that oh-so-slick lather with preventing more nicks and irritation than I might have gotten otherwise.  I've since changed the Shark out for a Ladas, which feels a lot better on my skin and provides a good smooth shave, so I'll see how that performs with this soap.

All in all, I highly recommend this soap as a nice, slick, Ohio-scent.  I know a lot of people prefer tallow like sheep or duck, but I place this right up there with those.

0 113